Recent content by Joe

1. Joe

Nissan / TONKATROL GU 1998

You might have to start charging royalties there Jack
  2. Joe

Toyota AKA TONKADORE L J 71 1985

Yeah, I was there. People were trying to convince me to go up in the ute. There was no chance at all that I was brave enough. Not in something as long and narrow as a 79 series.
  3. Joe

Toyota AKA TONKADORE L J 71 1985

I remember watching this thing out on the tracks. Would go anywhere.
  4. Joe

Toyota 79 Series Landcruiser. 2006

I've decided to stay with road cars. I've had my heart set on a Group A Commodore.
  5. Joe

I've decided to sell the ute. Time for a change.
  6. Joe

2006 79 Series Landcruiser.

I've decided to sell my ute. There is detailed information in the My 4wd section on here. Some basic details. 2006 HDJ79. 1HDT-FTE 4.2 factory turbo diesel. 275000 kms. The ute has been serviced every 5000km's while I've owned it. I'm the second owner. The ute is located in Ringwood Nth and I...
  7. Joe

It looks like the fuel economy has improved quite noticeably. From 13.5lt/100kms before the exhaust was fitted, down to 12.3lt/100kms after fitting the system. Happy with the results so far.
  8. Joe

Thanks Bomber, i's taken a few years. But it is coming along. Thanks Towie, I'll have to have a read of it properly later.
  9. Joe

I don't think my ute has an EGR Towie.
  10. Joe

I'll have to pay attention to that one Towie. I have notice a big improvement in fuel economy so far. Only on the first tank since getting the system fitted. The cat converter on the original system being blocked might have been part of the problem.
  11. Joe

It seems to spool up a little quicker. The immediate things I noticed was the extra power, and that the system is actually really quiet.
  12. Joe

It's been a while since I've has anything done to the ute. Today I had a 3" exhaust system fitted from the turbo back. Has made a noticeable increase in power. The turbo whistles a lot louder now as well. Just waiting to see how much the fuel economy improves. So far I'm very happy with it.
  13. Joe

Roo Sytems exhaust.

G'day all. Am in need of some help with info on exhaust systems. I have a 2006 HDJ79 with the 1HD-FTE motor in it. I'm wanting to put a 3" system onto my ute, the problem I am having is that not many companies make an off the shelf system to suit these utes. I was at the 4wd show today and got...
  14. Joe

G'day

Welcome mate. And by the way, I like the user name.
  15. Joe

National 4x4 Outdoors Show Melbourne 2015

Thanks Tabkbloke.