Recent content by Joe Fury

1. Joe Fury

Recommendations for a long weekend out of Perth?

G'day Warby Thought you might be interested in the fate of Kurra Village, I vaguely remember you said it was a place you didn't mind staying at. Check Point Charlie ~ main gate area car park off Newman Drive. The whole show has been disassembled and carted away to possibly become someone...
  2. Joe Fury

How Many Spare Wheels Do You carry?

G'day Laingy Thanks for the contact, I've never stopped writing, I just don't feel the need to comment on any subject that is not 80 series Toyota or Western Australia remote travel/Pilbara or in this case tyre(s) related, simply because what goes on over the border to the east is well out of...
  3. Joe Fury

Can we go out and play?

G'day Adventurers I left the Pilbara on Sunday morning headed for Perth and rolled into the outer suburbs area north of the city at 15.00 hrs today, not a big deal really but for the volume of heavy haulage traffic plying the highway north into the Pilbara with very few 'ordinary folk' on the...
  4. Joe Fury

Landcruiser 80 series

G'day Stuart Sorry about the 'salt in the wound' feeling, but seeing your easily wounded by my images here are a few more. There are actually several confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the Pilbara, but the officials are staying tight lipped as to exactly where in the Pilbara, yes the hand...
  5. Joe Fury

Landcruiser 80 series

G'day Stuart I trust you and my fellow Earthlings are safe and comfortable in this 'lock down' situation, going by what I've read on our Forum and various other four wheel drive/adventure forums there seems to be differing rules to this 'stay at home' ~ don't travel situation and as to how it's...
  6. Joe Fury

Corona virus

G'day Adventurers There's so much change already and much, much more to change ahead of us, our way of life and the actual way we live is set to be 'different' for our good, the WA government publicly announced today that all terrestrial access into Western Australia will be halted at the...
  7. Joe Fury

Pilbara trek part 1 and part 2 and part 3

G'day RainmanWA I trust you won't mind my commenting on your Pilbara-trek post, the apology is based on the fact that I am commenting on a place and destination you have chosen to show the folks who dared to take a look. Much has changed in the time that you first showed of the drive into...
  8. Joe Fury

Dooms Day looming ~ apparently.

G'day Doug & Tony Cheers for the news snippet on what's going on here in the land of iron, oddly enough there has been zero mention of the 'bug carrier' from Indonesia to Christmas Creek, in the mainstream Media here in W.A ~ you both know very well how closely these Fi Fo workers are contained...
  9. Joe Fury

G'day Batts88 Well said indeed, I don't know if what I am about to say has 'leaked out' of the Pilbara, but a mine worker has tested positive for the Coronavirus, the worker flew in to site carrying the bug, so my guess is the person is a 457 Visa mine worker minion, I'm not suggesting the...
  10. Joe Fury

G'day Swaggie Yes mate'You live and learn' when it comes to things like tyres, if you don't mind me giving you some advice, this too is from learning the hard (expensive) way, Don't go anywhere near Toyo R/T tyres, these things are bloody dangerous on a wet road, I came close to clobbering a...
  11. Joe Fury

G'day Swaggie The Mickey Thompson MTZ's were genuinely a pile of crap tyre, they cost me a proverbial Kings ransom and had a life span less than an Australian prime minister at the time, possibly the only good thing about these MTZ's was that each (6) wheel had a TPM fitted which warned me of...
  12. Joe Fury

G'day Adventurers My Cruiser carries two spare wheels on the rear bar wheel carriers, it might sound like overkill these days, simply because twenty first century tyre technology has given the world some incredibly resilient tyres, not saying they are puncture proof, but some brand names come...
  13. Joe Fury

G'day Earthlings I get the funny side of the 'Hilux Virus' quip, but you actively chased the 'Hilux Virus' so you got what you richly deserve, be that good or bad. The poor buggers who 'got Covid-19' possibly had no choice, be that good or bad. Safe travels : Joe
  14. Joe Fury

I watched 4 Corners and Q/A on tele last Monday night, the only thing I got from these two ABC programs, is that the Central Government of China didn't respond adequately in the first instance of the creditable alert to the virus and that they have a very loyal Communist Party Member who was...
  15. Joe Fury

G'day Tony I hope my initial post did not come across as me being a worried about the end of humanity, far from it, but I am curious as to how my fellow Earthlings might see this Covit-19 situation. I'm not too sure about the BHP angle, but the mining industry as a collective would only be...