Recent content by Jackolux

1. Jackolux

Left foot braking

I think FrankP and mauriceb might be talking about the 2 different videos
  2. Jackolux

Left foot braking

Like I said I have had both Air Lockers and eLockers , I didn't even realize the eLockers unlocked when going from forward to reverse , probably because I didn't have to reverse all that much ,and when I did it didn't matter I only run std size tyres . I had heaps of trouble with the Air...
  3. Jackolux

Left foot braking

Eaton eLockers will unlock when reversing but only for about 1/4 of a wheel revolution then they lock again , I have had both a double locked 4wd with ARB Air Lockers and a double locked 4wd with Eaton lockers , the bloody Air Lockers never again . Dunno about the factory electric lockers , I...
  4. Jackolux

Club 4x4 insurance new excess

Do you really need any suggestions as to what the question should be , how about I like to drive my 4wd anywhere in Oz that's legal , I don't go out of my way to find the most rugged , rocky , rutted or deepest mud holes but sometimes its unavoidable . The bike claim wasn't a theft , a young...
  5. Jackolux

Ya think , I thought it was obvious I was looking for a in between question , I kinda said that a couple of times . By the way I did have a Dmax and a Camper insured with you for a while but when I bought the new Y62 you were so much more expensive than my previous insurer I went back to...
  6. Jackolux

I don't know any other insurer that asks a question like that . I drive the Vic High Country but don't actually go looking for the really hard tracks just to see what my vehicle can do but like I have said before , if there is a section of track that has no alternative ( chicken track ) around...
  7. Jackolux

Yes I did see there was a note stating " the question has no bearing on your premium " but why ask a question like that there is nothing other than some dirt roads or serious rock hopping , to try the vehicles limit can you not see why some would not trust that question . I know plenty of my...
  8. Jackolux

No wonder tracks get closed to everyone

I have used chains and driven up slippery tracks in one go without spinning a wheel doings no damage to track , where those having several attempts spinning wheels do a lot more damage and probably still don't make it .
  9. Jackolux

No wonder tracks get closed to everyone

I just wouldn't drive that track when its like that , I would just go somewhere else . I would probably fit chains if I was confronted by a track like that and couldn't avoid it , turn around or whatever .
  10. Jackolux

Yep Warby that's what I was thinking , I have driven tracks that some would think might be extreme but like I said if there is a alternative easier way I will take it. I didn't bother to submit my online quote because of that bloody question .
  11. Jackolux

G'day Kal I just filled out a online quote , what sort of question is 4x4 use , " just some dirt roads " "some out back roads " " I really like to test my car , rock hopping " come on that's a bit much I like to drive the High Country but will avoid the really rugged stuff if there is a track...
  12. Jackolux

Googs track vehicle requirements.

I will say the Nth to Sth was the easier way by far , at least it was last June , like I said above the blokes from Ceduna that had done Googs many times said they had never seen it as rough and we were going the right way but I guess conditions change . The lady behind the bar at the Pub did...
  13. Jackolux

Yeah its a good drive , Kingoonya Pub is worth a visit , we camped a night at the Kingoonya Caravan Park , fire wood supplied there is also a free camp a few hundred yards from the Pub also with fire wood supplied . We decided to spend a few bucks at the CP and Pub . The old Stuart Hwy used to...
  14. Jackolux

Scangauge 2 never got even to 90c