Recent content by Jackolux

1. Jackolux

Tyre diameter and rotation.

This is my experience with replacing the 2 front tyres on my Dmax I had at the time , after staking the sidewall of one I fitted 2 new std size 245/70/16' the exact same as the rear tyres but the rears were about 1/2 worn , The rears had 6mm less tread than the new fronts , that was about 37mm...
  2. Jackolux

Tyre diameter and rotation.

Has the car got Stability / Traction control ?
  3. Jackolux

Oodnadatta track rough on tyres?

This was Adam Plates recommendations for tyre pressures
  4. Jackolux

Of road chains

Yep I weighed my diamond chains , they fit 265/70/18 tyres , a set of 2 a smidgen under 16kg
  5. Jackolux

Of road chains

I carry chains in the VHC sometimes depending on the time of the year and where I'm going , Over many years I have only used them a few times , it was always to get up a steep track , when there was no other alternative , they do less damage to track than having several attempts spinning wheels .
  6. Jackolux

Does my Landcruiser have ABS?

Just get on a gravel road and stand on em , you don't need to be going very fast
  7. Jackolux

Catch cans aint Catch cans

The EGR delete and a Catch Can do completely different jobs the EGR delete will make no difference to what goes through the CC. Pull the outlet hose from the CC and see if it's wet with oil .
  8. Jackolux

Necessary to carry a second air compressor?

I have seen plenty of YouTube video's doing just that , it would be interesting just how much pressure a tyre actually had in it after doing that I reckon Toddyh you the man , give it a go and report back
  9. Jackolux

Yeah Tink , I know thin oil / poor quality oil and /or , a half buggered motor will produce more fumes , that should mean the can just catches more oil . The mates HiLux is the latest model 2.8 , only done about 40k , serviced by Toyota with 5w30 oil , ( and he has had no DPF problems YET...
  10. Jackolux

I can't see why the make of car / motor can make any difference buggered if I know why some HPD Cans seem to work and other don't
  11. Jackolux

I had a HPD CC fitted to my Dmax , I no longer have the Dmax or a vehicle with a CC But last time I emptied it before I sold the Isuzu , I had collected 165mil of oil in 27k , I removed the outlet hose just out of curiosity and found it to be completely dry . But a mate has one on his 2.8...
  12. Jackolux

Snatch blocks

Yeah I hear what you are saying and yes often when I have needed to Winch its usually in shitty conditions and sometimes , well it's been a few times in the dark , makes it a lot harder to keep a eye on the rigging. If I did have a Ring Thing , I would always have normal snatch block as well , I...
  13. Jackolux

Snatch blocks

I have seen those Ring Things before , my only concern would be every time the rope went slack it would drop out of the ring and have to be reset , yeah I know the same can happen with a Snatch Block and some one needs to keep a eye on it but I think it would happen every time with a ring If...
  14. Jackolux

What are the concerns of buying ex-police vehicles?

In the past I have owned 2 ex Victoria Police cars the first was a XB 351 Highway Patrol car , 2nd was a ED 6 cylinder car In fact in my family we have owned six exPolice vehicles all have been really good I have also owned a ex VicPol , BMW R1150RT bike it had 23K on it when I bought it , sold...