Recent content by It’s only nuts and bolts

1. It’s only nuts and bolts

Body lift

So I spent a bit of time looking and thinking about the truck and I’ve sanded the turbo down a fraction more and installed new engine and tranny mounts which has lifted the engine about a half inch. They were very tired indeed I’m hoping it won’t settle to much but it bolonger rattles which is nice
  2. It’s only nuts and bolts

Body lift

My fear is how low the ecu sits I’ve got breathers for diffs and tranny relocated, ecu is strapped to body, and I like having dry feet too. I think I’m going to have to take a long tea break and stare at it
  3. It’s only nuts and bolts

Body lift

yes it’s put me in abit if a pickle, only due to the body lift. I’m thinking it’s worth fitting new mounts as a precaution and seeing if they’re tired causing my issue. Absolute worst case I’ll be removing the body lift
  4. It’s only nuts and bolts

Body lift

Half of it is about the look, but for me every inch helps, where I live we get bad floods through the year. Plus I bought tyres that are too big and fouled the arches on full articulation because I’m an absolute bum end
  5. It’s only nuts and bolts

Body lift

Unfortunately yesterday turned into a blur of plasma cutting welding and grinding and I didn’t even get close to my truck till gown 10pm, just nipped to her tHis morning to get some photos and top up the screen wash. She’s due a bath today too. so the shaft comes out the bulkhead and fouls on...
  6. It’s only nuts and bolts

Body lift

Yep I’ll get one at daylight
  7. It’s only nuts and bolts

Body lift

I’m not sure it is after market turbo, I meant to put the 3L turbo engine rather then the 2.5 I see a lot of people with
  8. It’s only nuts and bolts

Suspiciously English

She’s the original boss, isuzu with Japanese airfresherners and everything. I’m not a million miles from kiddy I’m Derbyshire based, the uk is always in a spiral I just don’t know which way it’s going. I tend to keep my head out the news mind so I only found out about Iran and such this...
  9. It’s only nuts and bolts

Suspiciously English

That’s a big fat affirm, as you can see I’ve swapped a lot of parts on it so far to make it look a lot like a fordson major that’s been engine swapped thank you for the welcome
  10. It’s only nuts and bolts

Suspiciously English

Thanks for the welcomes, Other then the steering shaft touching the turbo the rodeo is coming along. Just need more parts till I get much more done
  11. It’s only nuts and bolts

Suspiciously English

Evening gents I made a post earlier today and realised I was being rude as to not having had introduced myself yet, Names Matt, got a Rodeo and spend too much time under landrovers for my own good. When I’m not working for money, I’m working for fun on old tractors. i do hope to turn my...
  12. It’s only nuts and bolts

Body lift

Afternoon, Im in abit of a pickle with my rodeo, I’ve done a fair few mods and a fault I wasn’t meant to encounter has reared it’s ugly head. My steering shaft is fouling the turbo. Has anyone found a good cure for this? I’m looking down the route of cutting the steering shaft as it comes o the...