Recent content by Hylux

1. Hylux

Jokes

Why did Novac pay for his airfare to Australia by Mastercard? V V V V Because his Visa wouldn't work
  2. Hylux

Cv shafts

Over the years on the hilux site many brands have been tried but genuine toyota have found to be the best by far but a repco one is good as emergency spare to carry as much cheaper.
  3. Hylux

Junk mail/scammers and QR codes

I get 4 or 5 a day on my telstra work phone which has no QR stuff. My phone is with optus and had none.
  4. Hylux

i want to buy a 2010 to 2012 hilux manual

The model changed a lot from October 2010 which I have. Most things were fixed over the old models. Mine has done 200,000km only had gearbox fixed under warranty. Clutch is still original only has issue taking off on hills with van on the back because of first gear being high ratio. When doing...
  5. Hylux

Check your injectors

Toyota have done a cold test on my hilux twice. $80 on the first second they didnt even charge during a service. You get a 3 page report on just about everything including injectors showing min/max specs and actual. 190,000km and everything well in spec.
  6. Hylux

Earthquake centred near Mansfield

Buildings rocked and evacuated in Newcastle as well
  7. Hylux

Supanova driving lights

Been watching this thread. Ended up ordering LLA dl9. They appear same quality as Stedi and Supernov and have 2yr warranty. At the moment on sale 50% off. $318. From what I worked out they are more spot than spread which is ok for me as I have the sides already covered. I also noticed in the...
  8. Hylux

Battery Question

Just make sure the terminals are around the right way and in correct layout. Last time I replaced mine the listing for some brands were wrong. Pain in the arse taking them back for the right one
  9. Hylux

2014 MUX

Yep exact same with my neighbour 2 months ago. Head gasket went around no 4 piston. Happened tower his van up a very Long hill. Of course isuzu said never heard of it before. Ended up new engine covered as out of warranty claim.
  10. Hylux

No low beam

Still sounds more like a relay issue. The 12v positive is good and should always be there, they switch negative
  11. Hylux

2008 Hilux Suspension

Contact Ultimate Suspension @ Ingleburn Sydney. They will put a system together that you want and highly recommended if you do a search. Had mine 10 years still going strong
  12. Hylux

4H not working, 4L is.

Probably easier if you google hilux ADD or look on newhilux.net. As mentioned you will see the wires connected to it on the front diff. It's a known failure usually from water getting in. I think Toyota only sell them complete but some have been able to clean them up or fit a new motor...
  13. Hylux

4H not working, 4L is.

Sorry the actuator is on the front diff. Follow the wires. O
  14. Hylux

4H not working, 4L is.

Us sounds like the electronic actuator if it's an SR5. The SR didn't have one.
  15. Hylux

DRL

Can be done with 2 diodes and an extra wire to your ignition. But as mentioned parkers not much use during the day. Just by a set of fleebay drl with controller, there not hard if they come with instructions