Hoyks's latest activity

• Hoyks
    Hoyks replied to the thread Rear diff - pressed in nipple?.
    It had front, rear diff, gearbox and transfer case breathers from the factory, so why mess with it? It probably doesn't have a thread...
  • Hoyks
    Hoyks replied to the thread Snorkel but what else.
    ... and clean up all the swarf from the bottom of the wheel arch.
  • Hoyks
    Hoyks replied to the thread Snorkel but what else.
    I used a 1/8" drill bit and a 1/2 round file. Drill lots of holes close together, join them up and then file the edge clean.
  • Hoyks
    You allocate your preferences. All this talk of preference allocation is just about what they have put on their How To Vote Card, their...
  • Hoyks
    Hoyks replied to the thread Who to vote for?.
    A seedy roadside stop isn't my choice on where I'd want to spend my holiday, as short a time I can spend in transit means more time at...
  • Hoyks
    Hoyks reacted to Albynsw's post in the thread Who to vote for? with Like Like.
    Look at any service centre on a highway and the volume of vehicles that go through them getting fuel, a few sundries and then on their...
  • Hoyks
    It would, but if you have the real estate to put up a big enough solar array or wind power so you have excess capacity and then are then...
  • Hoyks
    Well, that reply had an added dose of snarky venom to it. Urea is manufactured with natural gas as it is the cheapest way they currently...
  • Hoyks
    I'm all for clean energy and think that fuel cells will give much better performance than current batteries, but some of the hydrogen...
  • Hoyks
    The problem is that they are producing hydrogen from natural gas. Its an inefficient process and in most situations you'd be better off...
  • Hoyks
    Latest documents to turn up indicate that Scomo authorised payment to the NT government of a $20 mil incentive to encourage them to...
  • Hoyks
    For anyone with a Costco membership that is in the market for a new winch, Carbon 12K were on sale (in the Bundamba store anyway), just...
    • IMG_1004.jpg
    • IMG_1005.jpg
  • Hoyks
    Hoyks replied to the thread Legacy trailer plug history.
    I had a 6 pin round on my 98 Terrano. Was a pain in the arse and always filled with mud.
  • Hoyks
    Hoyks replied to the thread Legacy trailer plug history.
    More so that tow capacities got bigger and trailers and vans got bigger. All of a sudden override brakes just aren't cutting it and you...
  • Hoyks
    Hoyks replied to the thread Status of rokons in Australia.
    He rebuilt the engine and replaced a burnt piston in the Honda dealers carpark in Moree, so he was pretty resourceful. We stilled called...