Recent content by dirvine

1. dirvine

New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

He talk BS even when he has the car in his hands, so just going on specs goes to show the ignorance of the man. If one went on spec alone why would anyone buy a 76 toyota for the price and the know bad points. But people do and they love them. this guy is a fool and takes precious oxygen from...
  2. dirvine

32” muddies

They are in accounting terms Dennis a "sunk cost" Best to just give them away and move on. I have found the best way to remove "rubbish" that no one wants is to put it out the front of the house on the nature strip. Usually gone by the next morning!! Might have to do that with my D4 given how...
  3. dirvine

Footy's Back 2018

True, but coaches select the players, drafts the players they think they need, devise the game plan, and clearly Buckley aint upto it with the crew of managers he has selected and they players they picked. Ok injuries can bugger the system, but all teams have those so you need to cover them as...
  4. dirvine

Footy's Back 2018

So would I but it aint ever going t happen unfortunately.
  5. dirvine

Footy's Back 2018

Of course you think Buckley is the best thing. Play Collingwood in the finals and you know it will be a close thing but you WILL win!!!
  6. dirvine

Footy's Back 2018

What I found surprising was the booing of Heath Shaw. Yes i know he is ex Collingwood, but Buckley got rid of him, not the other way around. Buckley has never been in a winning AFL team or part of one in a coaching capacity. All he has ever done is cost Collingwood premierships. I have been a...
  7. dirvine

Can a Porsche cayenne be a good 4x4 ?

Funny how when I owned a Great Wall X240 everybody rubbished me as well. Canna just go for it. Barra GU with the mods you've done I am sure the parts are readily available and "just off the shelf". As with anything other than a Toyota Ford or Nissan you get the doomsayers. With my GW I was able...
  8. dirvine

New LR Defender in 2020

I guess in the outback they have the old ones that are simple to get going not the new complex ones. As i said trading on past history not current outcomes. The whole arguement around the latest Defender is that its not like the old one, it has all this gadtry etc etc. I think you will find...
  9. dirvine

New LR Defender in 2020

Nothing from factory other than air con. Then driven to Marks for Auto. On another forum, a LC 76 is stuck in Coober Pedy as they cannot get a seal for a front hub. In thought Toyota had part everywhere. Infact on the Canning a few years back I saw a number of cars on flat beds. Not one was a...
  10. dirvine

New LR Defender in 2020

I had a brand new Toyota 76 with an Auto fitted when I also bought the LR. I know which is better in the bush and it aint the Toyota. Sold to my son who thinks its the ducks nuts. Until he comes out with me....
  11. dirvine

New LR Defender in 2020

Discomatt I am offended!! Ha HA. No I buy new because I then know what the car has done and what I want to be done. People selling will always tell you a story that you really want to know, to justify why its such a good buy. I used to sell cars when I was young and I know how you can "doctor"...
  12. dirvine

New LR Defender in 2020

Even the latest 76 series has electronic whisardry in it. All cars now do. What I think is a little different in the Defender is the electronics seem to have some sort of water proof rating. I think a lot of you have not really looked under the bonnet or inside a newer Toyota or Nissan. They...
  13. dirvine

GVM Upgrade Nissan Patrol

Just a word of caution. Whilst you maybe able to increase GVM, you have to take into account the axle load limits. On another site (Grey Nomads) there is a lot of discussion that a Ram 1500 cannot tow 3.5t or even 4.5t with a van that has a 10% towball mass, as the weight placed ( and...
  14. dirvine

Dmax failure on the canning

Dont need spare parts anyway as they dont break down on the Canning. In any case if they stock Rodeo, Toyota, Mistubishi parts then in all probability they may have a spare part that fits the "Bits Bin" GW!!
  15. dirvine

Dmax failure on the canning

Ably I did the Canning twice in my GW. People were amazed that I was even out there. I never had any doubt it could do it because I was driving to conditions and being sympathetic to the vehicle. People in Toyotas believe all the hype about unbreakable when in fact they are not!