Recent content by deathsbreeze

1. D

Some tracks and camping closed in Vic high country.

O'Tooles camp is closed until 30th September for various "works" (see pics). Toilets removed and will now be near gazebo. Fireplace removed from gazebo. New bollards and picnic tables. Just hope they don't turn it into a caravan park type setting like they did with Merringtons flat. It was the...
  2. D

12th Vic gathering?

NSW trip starts Sat November 9th, so a potential gathering around the 16th.......
  3. D

12th Vic gathering?

Hey NSW crew, what dates will you be down? I'm not fussed what date it is, just wanna know so I can put my leave form in. Let's just make it O'Tooles and start working on a place for next year :)
  4. D

12th Vic gathering?

Angusvale, O'Tooles, Talbotville, Wonnangatta or one of the ones just past Licola. I prefer places cars struggle to get to (less dickheads usually).
  5. D

12th Vic gathering?

Any suggestions on where we should have it? I'm thinking somewhere past Bairnsdale towards the border, but don't know any places down that end.
  6. D

12th Vic gathering?

We had a great time last year. Looking to come to the next one, maybe with some friends who are just getting into 4wding/camping
  7. D

Vic to Ayres Rock then across Simpson

Unless we can get another vehicle to come for the Simpson section (everyone but 1 bike has pulled out) then it will turn into a tour of the parks near the Rock. Sooooo.......anyone wanna cross the Simpson from West to East around the 10th to the 14th of May??????
  8. D

Water pump 15000km, radiator 4000km.1 hose to replace in a few weeks. Flynets are now on the list. Camper holds 90l water plus 20l Jerry and will pick up a few 10l bottles on the way. Gotta find a good travel sickness concoction for a fussy turd (I mean child).
  9. D

at a guess, we will be crossing the Simpson from the 11th. But still working out details on where we are staying and for how long. The road to Finke and Mount Dare could take a while depending on corrugations. Having a 7 & 10yo on board could slow us down too.....Dad i need to wee.......Dad im...
  10. D

Hey guys, planning a trip in early May. Looking for another vehicle or 2 to join in. Plan on heading from Vic to Ayres Rock at the end of April. Will spend a day or so at Coober Pedy then about 3 days at the Rock. Then head across the Simpson Desert over 4 days to Birdsville. I'm taking my...
  11. D

Time to debt my new modcon FF1 at the gathering

Time to debt my new modcon FF1 at the gathering
  12. D

11th Annual Victorian Gathering

There is more going..... I'm not on the list yet. They are probably too busy organising things for the Gathering
  13. D

11th Annual Victorian Gathering

Any chance someone can update the attendance list...
  14. D

Winch Warranty's - Who to Support and When to Walk, Warn,Runva,Ironman,Carbon,Tmax etc

After plenty of ummms and errrs I got a 5% discount voucher off eBay and grabbed a Carbon 12000...mainly as it will get delivered by Thursday as I'm going bush Friday. Will take a few pics and let you know how she goes fitting it
  15. D

Winch Warranty's - Who to Support and When to Walk, Warn,Runva,Ironman,Carbon,Tmax etc

Don't take my story as a bad review of Runva winches. The only maintenance I ever did was add grease to the gearbox before I installed it 6 years ago. I only used it about 5 times and it was strong enough to drag my GU wagon with the wheels locked. I never ran the rope out and in after river...