Recent content by darb

1. D

Gaia GPS

Trying Gaia via car play in wife’s car (one screeny shot is the iPhone the other is the Carplay interface) the car play interface has basically no functionality / interactivity and to even launch a way point routing , I had to reach for the phone itself nfi why the waypoints won’t load either...
  2. D

Gaia GPS

And IMHO , the UI limitations of CarPlay mean that it has to dumb down the app (and only permit elements that are deemed "navigable turn by turn directions") and thus nowhere near as powerful as non-carplay interfaces. yes you can load GPX / KML data into it, but not for carplay. So for...
  3. D

Gaia GPS

Cool - thanks i'd be keen to see any developments you find. Basically i want to see if it can have a bunch of your own tracks / waypoints displayed on screen, without it having to be "navigated turn by turn". Does it display your breadcrumb trail whilst offroad?
  4. D

Gaia GPS

what i didn't like about hema (app and tablet) was the weird chubby way they displayed waypoints / tracks when you zoomed out ... they never scaled well at all and would cludge up the screen. Yeah many aren't because the UI restrictions are restrictive (by apple).
  5. D

Gaia GPS

@monbeg , Can you send me a screeny of GAIA operating in CarPlay? With your own track files / waypoints? Mate of mine runs carplay and is very interested (my 4wd does not have carplay). Not being competitive btw, my comments are aimed at my unhappiness of carplay being so restricted - as are...
  6. D

Gaia GPS

CarPlay? Carplay doesn't permit apps like Google Earth, Gaia, GPS Tracks, Hema etc etc - basically any at all, to operate. None of those apps are permitted to launch in CarPlay. It can do google maps, but only in turn by turn navigation, no loading of KML / track / waypoints ... Carplay is not...
  7. D

Gaia GPS

I've recently found the holy grail of IOS based GPS apps , called "GPS tracks". The guy who wrote it had me in mind clearly. Quick youtube screen capture of me messing around with it (excuse the clunkyness of the video, my ipad struggles when doing a screen recording and isn't terribly fast...
  8. D

solar regulator

Cheers , have mostly got this resolved ... the issue is mainly when the fridge pulls 4-5amps and the solar input isn't enough to supply, so it dips into battery for a little while and thus kicks the mppt back into a charge mode. It's shortlived and been fine Plus these days I mostly work from...
  9. D

How thirsty is your fridge.

Whilst I run a nice dry cold fridge, I'm usually sniffing out mates with with esky for some ice for my bourbon :) Oops
  10. D

Post your night pics

11. D

Pics of your 4wd in Beautiful Places

Out bush for a mates bday. Giving new swag a crack too.
  12. D

Corona virus

It does :) Funnily enough I've seen on some other big forums where they've started doing analysis / metrics, forecasting, graphing and mutation tracking on the coronavius THREADS/POSTS themselves ... it's become comical. Anyway, im off ... time to pack the 4wd for a down n dirty 4wd trip on...
  13. D

Corona virus

in other words, they don't know. What they do know is that From the confirmed cases with a positive pcr test more than 90% had antibodies. I'm not at all advocating a herd immunity route (not advocating anything), I was just pointing out that the figures that some bandy around are done in a...
  14. D

Corona virus

yeah except Clive Palmer, with ScoMo's backing and resources, are pursuing McGowan in the high court to overthrow our hard border (all the while he talks shit on TV saying "borders are a matter for the states"). Politicians ... sick of the lot of them, have been off it for years (especially...
  15. D

Corona virus

Scarily, I've always said the world is way way too overpopulated (the biggest elephant in every room) .. and that mother nature would come along with some super virus and knock us out by half or more. Kind of didn't want her to try that while me and mine are around though!