Recent content by D_Hilux

1. D_Hilux

1st ever NSW Annual Gathering - Turon River Diggings

This meetup sounds great! Haven't had the chance to go on any meets from this great forum yet. Wouldnt mind meeting new like minded people. Its also in one of my favorite camping spots. I'll feel right at home. Might have to see if I can juggle work around to get sat off work. Even if I have...
  2. D_Hilux

Toyota V6 Hilux 2002

So since last year I haven't had the time to properly finish off my truck due to work commitments and well, LIFE. So Christmas break came around and I finally got working on finishing off the truck. List of what's done: Put deck on tray installed captive nuts underneath for toolboxes to be...
  3. D_Hilux

Awning Or Not?

That's a great idea. Might research that one and try find some cheaper materials.
  4. D_Hilux

Awning Or Not?

Yer you can buy 1200, 1400 and 1600 wide awnings. The quick brackets are a good idea. Might need to take to the drawing board. Thanks guys.
  5. D_Hilux

What Colour???

6. D_Hilux

What Colour???

7. D_Hilux

Toyota V6 Hilux 2002

Everything grey with a hint of orange here and there.
  8. D_Hilux

Toyota V6 Hilux 2002

9. D_Hilux

Awning Or Not?

Hey Guys, Recently been looking at getting an awning. NOW... The thing is I want an 1200mm (wide) x 2000mm (long) Awning to go onto the top of my toolbox. (Toolboxes are only 1200mm long). Toolboxes are like this. Awning is this big. Now this is where you guys with awnings come in and tell...
  10. D_Hilux

Toyota V6 Hilux 2002

So its been 5 Years since I bought my Ute. Been thinking either upgrade it to a nice new single cab Toyota landcruiser but work isn't ready for me to buy a new car yet so I thought I'd do a few things to the lux to bring her up to shape again. Pic's and list of what's happened are Coming....
  11. D_Hilux

What Colour???

So its been 2 years and I finally came around to spending some money. Change of colour...Woo Hoo Painted it custom Metallic Charcoal with a slight tint of gold pearl. Pic's are coming...
  12. D_Hilux

hilux tyres

In short, no you wont fit them with just a 2" lift. I have a 2002 single cab v6 hilux with 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift and a ball joint spacer kit and 33's fit nicely. I would recommend that you stay with 31's or go 32's. The bigger you go the more likely that you will have to change...
  13. D_Hilux

MAXXIS bighorns

Yer mate everyone will have something different to say about them as not everyones car is the same. my hilux weighs at around 1.8t mark when its NOT loaded and I would say approx 2.4t when loaded when I go on trips and im running 40 psi all round on the road. I have a pretty light truck...
  14. D_Hilux

MAXXIS bighorns

I got 33" Bighorns on my 2002 ifs hilux. Best tyres ive had and my last ones were bfg muddies so thats saying something... On a light truck they grip awesome on road and they grip like you wouldnt believe Ive had them for a year now and done about 25,000kms on them and they got heaps and...
  15. D_Hilux

What Colour???

My hilux is already white guys, would like to change the colour. Good to mix it up abit every now and then! I was also thinking a metallic orange like a new xr6/ xr8 if anyone's seen them? Camo sounds good