Recent content by Chatty

1. Chatty

Jokes

Our you're showing early signs of Parkinson's
  2. Chatty

President Trump

I guess that means there won't be many volunteers for his ongoing Secret Service detail?
  3. Chatty

President Trump

So, I need some guidance on appropriate behaviour here. The spot next to us in the van park has been taken by some Chump supporters. My question is: Would it be acceptable to build a wall between them and us and send them the bill?
  4. Chatty

Jokes

That's the Klingon version...
  5. Chatty

President Trump

But wouldn't that destroy the conspiracy theory if we knew they were there? I think we should be waiting for the dude (or dudette) on the grassy knoll or in the Book Depository to not show their heads, but fire absolutely simultaneously.
  6. Chatty

President Trump

Enjoy! Speaking for myself, I'm getting a Super Size popcorn and a Giant Size Coke and settling in for the match...
  7. Chatty

President Trump

Roger, you do realise that the American Democratic party would make our Liberal party look like a bunch of communists? Politics in America is far, far more to the right wing of the political spectrum than anything you will see in Australia. And even in Australia, we don't have anything...
  8. Chatty

Common sense is in short supply...

Is it only wrong if you're caught? I do agree - back when I was a kid this would have been seen as harmless fun, but in those days kids used to ride around loose in the back of station wagons and I can recall riding in the back of utes driving into town along the highways. But, our risk...
  9. Chatty

Corona virus

I'm fully on board with that one Roger!
  10. Chatty

Common sense is in short supply...

From the ABC: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-05/driver-with-eight-children-in-ute-tray-on-beach-fined/13034120
  11. Chatty

How are these for brakes?

Agreed - the stopping power is amazing, though I suspect the trailer isn't loaded.
  12. Chatty

That would be the system that mowed down the dummy kangaroo in front of the press at a demonstration in Adelaide last year? Have a look from about the 1:20 mark on this video...
  13. Chatty

Corona virus

Fine the companies and the traffic controllers concerned lose their ticket until they pass remedial training.
  14. Chatty

My experience with these autonomous systems (on SUVs and 4WDs) has so far been pretty off-putting. On an Audi X-5 the autonomous systems (auto hi beam, lane keeping, blind spot warning, dynamic cruise control) didn't work properly just enough of the time that you were always on edge about...
  15. Chatty

Corona virus

How about... Companies realise that they don't need all that ego-boosting CBD office space because everyone can work from home - CBDs around the world become ghost towns, the office blocks are converted to public housing Donald Trump admits that he lost the election in a fair fight, apologises...