Recent content by Chatty

1. Chatty

Oricom vs GME vs Uniden vs ICOM - which UHF radio is best for 4 wheel driving?

I'm running an GME XRS in the vehicle and it's outstanding. Would recommend without reservation. We've also got 2 Icom hand held units and they've been pretty good.
  2. Chatty

Ultravision Nitro Smart

The fog light location is meant to cast a low, wide beam "under" the fog and directly onto the road. That's why the fog lights are located as low down as possible. Because of this I really think that any driving lights in that location wouldn't cast a great beam - in terms of distance. They may...
  3. Chatty

Jokes

4. Chatty

Jokes

Today's joke..... Mary Clancy goes up to Father O'Grady after his Sunday morning service, and she's in tears. He says, "So what's bothering you, Mary my dear?" She says, "Oh, Father, I've got terrible news. My husband passed away last night." The priest says, "Oh, Mary, that's terrible...
  5. Chatty

Perth going into lock down

We always do our grocery shop on a Sunday afternoon, because it's generally pretty quiet. Rocked up the shops yesterday to have a WTF moment - I think people though I was a complete idiot when I was asking What's going on?
  6. Chatty

Perth going into lock down

Which van park are you in? We're at Perth Central.
  7. Chatty

Pit Passing, Roadworthy Inspections and Reregistration

What you and @FrankP said, plus some things you don't usually think of: Window tint (I got defected on the pits for a towing capacity upgrade because my front side window tint was too dark) Rear vision mirrors (especially if it has after-market tow mirrors - Clearview have ADR compliance...
  8. Chatty

President Trump

Anger issues? I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be angry when I'm laughing myself sick at Chump and all his blind supporters. Amazing though, one Democrat stuffs one word up and you jump on it to show how hopeless they are. Chump stuffs it up repeatedly every day over 4 years and it's no big...
  9. Chatty

President Trump

And just in case you thought he only got it wrong in his first year... Face it, Trump made worse mistakes in speeches multiple times on pretty much every day.
  10. Chatty

President Trump

Peter, whatever you're smoking, I want some of it. Trump redefined faux pas - this is just some of the stupid things he said in just his first year...
  11. Chatty

Jokes

Funny as!
  12. Chatty

Jokes

If I'm using Waze or Android Auto in the car and an ad comes on the radio using the words "Hey Google..." the bloody thing will then follow the instructions.
  13. Chatty

Jokes

We've been getting a bit serious here, and I reckon that Trabant quality control qualifies in the joke category.
  14. Chatty

Opinions on two 4x4's I looked at please, are these bad signs?

I would avoid both of them - the HiLux rust is widespread and starting to look like going through metal soon - I suspect repeated beach driving with a none too good wash afterwards. The bend in that rail worries me a bit too and I would think a new tray would be needed. As for the Triton - I...
  15. Chatty

Jokes

I told my wife the our phones were spying on us. "Nonsense" she said. I laughed. She laughed. Siri laughed. Alexa laughed.