Recent content by BTFIVO

1. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

A little update. I haven't done much to the old girl since, except drive it. Have bought some swaybar bushes and the like as well as an Intervolt DCC Pro dual battery charger, all yet to be fitted. She's certainly due for some TLC. But, mainly, I am pleased that the engine and turbo setup is...
  2. BTFIVO

New member from Melbourne (Mercedes ML270 CDI)

Welcome home. I saw one of these all done up in Mareeba QLD towing an offroad camper trailer, and yes, all thickly covered in red silt. It was a rather soothing sight, finally someone using it properly. I love me a 5 cylinder diesel. I had a WH Grand Cherokee a couple years ago but had the...
  3. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

Thanks very much mate, appreciate the acknowledgement.
  4. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Has been a long time coming. Still more to come. :rolleyes: Cheers Phil. Can't agree more, ay. I miss the sound of the 80's and 90's eras of the TD42, RD28, 12HT, 1HDT's rumbling around. Now it's like you're a crim if you have a loud vehicle. Out where I live it's...
  5. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

Thanks mate, yeah the torque is nice, just cruises around on low boost well enough without the need to tromp it. Serves me well enough.
  6. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

Short run up the range.
  7. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

Finally got around to fitting the intercooler scoop. Definitely a nice bit of difference even for a small cooler. Lowered EGT's by around 20 degrees and slowed down the rising rate of temps.
  8. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

Here's a little video of my setup. I need a decent Camera as my phone microphone is on its way out.
  9. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

Now that I could cruise at 100kph loaded up to 3220kg I decided to add a Kings hardshell roof top tent. Such a great addition. Fuel does get impacted a bit, I think around 14-15L/100 driving economy style, but if I want to jet everywhere, that turbo and 12mm pump system can chug down 20L/100 if...
  10. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

Test and tune day! Midrange fueling and 20psi of boost yielded me 193HP which I was very surprised at. Still more fuel left and upto 35psi if I wanted. But the poor R151 wouldn't cope I don't think. I adjusted the aneroid pin to offer a bit more fuel down low and at max boost which extended it...
  11. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

After testing, I found the new factory 1HZ clutch was slipping by 17psi and couldn't get it tuned till it was upgraded. Then I got to installing the new clutch and also fitted the reconditioned full-spline kitted R151 box I bought previously with the spare turbo engine. I decided on a 4Terrain...
  12. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

Then I prepared all the mating surfaces and did some more match-porting and blenting of the flanges to suit.
  13. BTFIVO

HZJ105R LandCruiser

Next was time to do valve clearances, and then I figured, why not just do it properly as I had 330,000klms and at 400,000klms we would typically do a top-end rebuild. So I decided to recondition the head while I was at it. To be honest, it all looked pretty good but in reality I had pitting in...
  14. BTFIVO

7 Hills 4wd Track Mareeba Shire, QLD.

I don't think it's on MAPS or GPS. So it's kinda difficult to explain. When were you wanting to explore?
  15. BTFIVO

7 Hills 4wd Track Mareeba Shire, QLD.

Hi, I was there a few weeks ago, did a half loop. There's some good wheeling to be had there. Still haven't experienced any trouble from being there, although, I do not frequent every weekend. There are no signs or barricades to detest otherwise. I guess as always, go and take a look, respect...