Recent content by boobook

1. B

VIC - Save our State Forests Rally Tuesday 27th of August

While I have a lot of sympathy for the cause, There was a lot of hype and exaggeration by the anti lock up brigade a few years ago. Its hard.to sort fact from fiction. They lost me.
  2. B

Diesel fuel tank

Wot he said. That looks like a great trip Bomber.
  3. B

Diesel fuel tank

I got a couple of these, once you have used them they are very compact A little pricy but cheaper smaler and lighter than other options. http://www.liquidcontainment.com.au/product/9/20-Litre-Collapsible-Jerry-Can#.XVei-egzZhE
  4. B

National 4x4 Outdoors show Fishing and Boating Expo.

Imagine Penny as the wife nagging.. You wasted MORE money on 31 inch ATs. why don't you get decent 33" muddies. Look at this ad for a 70 series 6x6 conversion. Only $145K. And that includes a new 70. Cheap huh? Why don't you get one? What's this invoice for a 2 inch lift? I thought I told...
  5. B

National 4x4 Outdoors show Fishing and Boating Expo.

You are not missing anything Matt. I haven't been for a couple of years and nuthin seems to be really new and worth the trip to the showgrounds. What I did notice though is lots of pimped up utes as show ponys - Ranger Raptor type stuff, and a few 6 x 6 70's. So unless you intend to spend over...
  6. B

What tent do you use?

I did look at their 260 and weighed it at their office. It does look great. They say 22kg but without the poles and additional awning, it was a shade under 17. That would be my choice if I got another touring tent.
  7. B

4x4 trip for business customers

Well that clears everything up. o_O There should be no more questions in this topic.:(
  8. B

Ok how about this. 4x4 earth becomes an online 4wd club affiliated with 4wd Vic and similar bodies. 4x4 earth could have the free forum as it is today but add paid club membership as an option. That would allow club trips etc without much on the clubbiness, hours of boring minutes and physical...
  9. B

Patriot, maybe you could interview Club 4x4 on the public liability part. Better still maybe they could consider a trip insurance. I researched this and most Australian travel insurance policies would cover it apart from one factor. you generally have to be more than 250km from home which...
  10. B

Navigation (offline) Apps - Apple vs Android?

Android Play has most of those apps except the first two and Topomaps. But you may have to buy the licences again and get used to Android. I am used to android and can't get my head around apple user interface and their stupid restrictions. I tried to use my kids iPad for a while but gave up...
  11. B

4WD boggins, rollovers, crashes, fires, creek crossings gone wrong and recoveries.

Not sure what you mean Roger.. Everything seemed to be lashed to the RR perfectly. Nothing moved on the Roof Rack.
  12. B

Snow season in Matlock

4km in reverse in an Amorak in deep snow. That would take all day.
  13. B

Snow season in Matlock

Not EVERY meathead! Some do the Jamieson - Licola Rd without permits.
  14. B

Snow season in Matlock

Why on earth would you follow someone reversing on snow for 4km? That's somewhere between 30 mins and 2 hours given it was on snow. Looks to me that neither had the ability to turn around or had the skill to pass each other. Toot the horn to get the other driver's attention, get out and...
  15. B

How about getting a professional tag along tour. Something like this. $170 per vehicle per day. Probably about the same price as a lawyer. http://www.mountaintopexperience.com/tours/tag-along-tours/