Recent content by boobook

1. B

Corona virus

Regrettably, this speaks for its self. In 1 month COVID will leave everything behind in its wake for the number of deaths. It's not the flu, that's for sure. https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/2944635
  2. B

New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

The more I read about the Defender diffs, the more I am confused. Land Rover refers to them as a limited-slip center and rear diff, and here contrast it to a locked diff in the old Defender. https://media.landrover.com/en-us/news/2019/09/introducing-new-2020-land-rover-defender In the original...
  3. B

New Defender, observations and opinions of the available information !

I tried to price one up with the minimum specs, there are pages after pages of options. The options list with a Toyota is buy it - or leave the show room. :rolleyes: I like the ability to tailor what I buy but, I think it could add up quickly. After about 10 pages of options it doesn't give you...
  4. B

G63 roll over

Geez that's nice Slip.
  5. B

Complete Newbie to 4 Wheel Driving

Sure, nice. No doubt. I'm just reflecting on the realities and preferences of the fuels for remote traveling.
  6. B

BP Green and Shell Yellow tend to be popular. ;) Seriously a newer Y62 could be a good alternative to an older 200 for some if you can get over the petrol and or don't do a lot of really remote stuff.
  7. B

Corona virus

This is how things are done in Victoria
  8. B

My advice is join Lcool if you want unemotional, fact based information. There are around 5000+ owners with posts on everything including model differences how to's, issues and what to look for when buying. Much of what you will get on this forum is banter from people who have never even owned...
  9. B

Moving to Melb from beautiful, sunny QLD.... scenic route options

BTW, these are for your face, not your waist if you are coming to Victoria.
  10. B

Corona virus

Daniel Andrews steadfastly blames the Victorian public for the mess we are in. He's right of course. They voted him in.
  11. B

Corona virus

I wasn't aware that there were so many immunologists who post on 4x4earth.
  12. B

Land Rover defender vs Ineos Grenadier New 4WDs for Australia

There seems to be some truth to that Mike. There are a few articles that contradict each other. Suzuki Australia said that it's business as usual. It looks like they are stopping selling them in Europe till they can make it a commercial vehicle, whatever that means. I'd hate to see it go, it...
  13. B

Replacement for the IPF Fog Light in older model ARB Deluxe Bullbar?

Is this the right one? https://www.stedi.com.au/arb-deluxe-bullbar-led-fog-light-with-drl-upgrade-kit.html
  14. B

Dunno Matt, its a bit of a race to the bottom, I'll agree. But both will be mile better than Slovakia. The company I was last working at switched manufacturing from Frankfurt to Slovakia. Not a massively complex product. After 4 years with massive reliability issues, low yields and hundreds of...
  15. B

I think that is the decision point. An alternative to the 70 which is comfortable, safer, and still has grunt would be attractive. The mines will always buy 70's as long as they can, based on economics as much as anything but for recreational vehicles, and farmers. It may hit the sweet spot.