Recent content by boobook

1. B

300 series

Good idea. How about a 3.0 l alliance, 4 cylinder diesel. Rock solid reliability. Lots of bang for your buck.
  2. B

300 series

Now that the Penny Wong Crisis is settling down.. Why not an inline 6 diesel from BMW. They make sweet straight 6 diesels and have plenty of torque. A 6 cylinder BMW diesel is shorter than the old 4.2. And the hook up makes more sense than a V6 from scratch.
  3. B

300 series

Lighten up, and read what I said please.
  4. B

300 series

Read what I said Tink.
  5. B

300 series

Tink I make no judgement on Aboriginals or any other race. I support them. Did I make any derogatory or even any comment on Aboriginals? I'm going on about Hydrogen fuel and Politicians. Besides, I only morphed the thread from Hydrogen fuel to scenarios around it. It had already gone OT from...
  6. B

300 series

Actually I may have to eat my words on my previous post. This scenario may be more likely in 10 years Dear Hon Penny Wong. Firstly let me congratulate on being the 2nd woman Prime Minister. I hope the knife wounds in Mr Albanese's back heal soon. I am writing as an owner of a remote...
  7. B

300 series

Explorer to the attendant at Ilkurkla roadhouse in 10 years. "filler er up with Hydrogen mate." Attendant to Driver "What the hell are you talking about? We have diesel, and sometimes we even have petrol. Doesn't your Range Rover take anything like that?" Exolorer holds his iPhone 15 high in...
  8. B

Dual sim mobile phone

So true Synchro. Phone companies all over the world use different bands for 3G and 4G. Just because a phone is 3G or 4G, it doesn't mean it will work on all bands in Australia. Telstra uses 850Mhz for 3G, 1800 and 700 mhz for 4G. They call 700 Mhz 4GX. All new country areas use 700mhz.While...
  9. B

There will be no more climbing on Ayers Rock

This post is so wrong on so many levels.. But I think I can talk about the HK comment, whatever that has to do with Ayres Rock... I lived in HK for a long time and my family lives there. Well not at all really. Yes a majority of young people when surveyed say they preferred the UK government...
  10. B

Dual sim mobile phone

Oppos also have a nice feature where if you want copies of your older call records, conversations, location or browsing history, the Chinese Government will always keep a copy for you. Getting access to it can be hard if you aren't a member of the communist party though. Just joking if you are...
  11. B

New LR Defender in 2020

Matt, LR like most manufacturers are making 4wds with ever increasing top speeds, and brakes to match. The Disco 1 had a top speed of 92MPh. The disco 3 was 112, Disco 4 was 117 and Disco 5 is apparently 130mph. ( the article I read was in MPH) The wheel diameter has increased to match that...
  12. B

New LR Defender in 2020

I took the photos above, and scaled them up as large as I could on the screen. If the PCD is 120, and my calculations by scaling that to the rim size and tyre diameter are right. Then the rims are 22" and the tyres are 33". The profile does look too high for that, but I did it several times on...
  13. B

Will my fridge dual zone run for 5 days on Freeze and fridge?

I get what you mean darb. But whatever NL do, the compressor doesn't run for long in each cycle say 15 mins. Then the off time can be an hour to 2 hours. I'll post a pic of the duty cycle when I get a chance. Anyway it definitely draws very little current, even in hot temps.
  14. B

Darb, interesting, the photo you put up specifically does say start up current of 7.9A but the manual just says 7.9. What you say makes much more sense. Waeco seem to be vague on the current figures.
  15. B

No problem, given the price of a NL, I would be upset with myself if there was another BD35 one I didn't consider. I guess they can get away with it because of the insulation they use. I've had my old 72l one for 10 years in very hot conditions many times and it used about 25 AH per day as a...