Recent content by Albynsw

1. Albynsw

Time to give up and get a generator?

So this is what your forum footer is about “ when too much power isn’t enough “ :D
  2. Albynsw

Time to give up and get a generator?

All the new travel trucks have ditched gennies for solar and lithium and they are fairly heavy on power usage including AC , electric cooktops and bbqs etc I would be idling my vehicle to charge batteries when needed on the odd occasion rather than carry a genie
  3. Albynsw

Solar blanket, Kings V Redarc

Not so flash on reliability though unfortunately
  4. Albynsw

Gladys Berijiklian

Agree 100% the good ones don’t get caught unfortunately That’s a lot of balls to kick Mike ( had to fix my auto correct as it put lick instead of kick :eek: )
  5. Albynsw

Gladys Berijiklian

Not disagreeing but anyone who doesn’t think it goes in on all sides of the fence is delusional
  6. Albynsw

Gladys Berijiklian

I heard our Federal opposition leader yesterday dancing around sacking a fellow member who admitted to branch stacking but of course is quick to criticise the Liberals when they do the same. A saying something to do with tar and a brush comes to mind about all of them.
  7. Albynsw

Laughing at you, not laughing with you.

Havnt you seen the latest trend with Murdoch, he has changed coat again and is all for the environment much to Andrew Bolt’s disgust
  8. Albynsw

Batteries

Thanks for that. I had a read through and then checked the Giant battery again and it seems all right still unless I am missing something It is Australian made, has prismatic cells, 5 year warranty and 100ah draw capacity.
  9. Albynsw

Batteries

what about these ? https://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/giant-170ah-lithium-deep-cycle-battery-australian~394917 assembled in Australia and 5 year warranty This size format appeals to me because it fits behind the back seat and has a higher capacity. Don’t seem to find much negative about them...
  10. Albynsw

You know that is what I will probably do, kind of makes sense
  11. Albynsw

Batteries

Pricing seems to be getting more reasonable on lithium batteries https://au.renogy.com/renogy-smart-lithium-iron-phosphate-battery-12-volt-100ah/ https://www.sunyee.com.au/products/100ah-12v-lithium-battery-lifepo4-deep-cycle-rechargeable-marine...
  12. Albynsw

Corona virus

o_O o_Oo_O Assume you are just taking the piss?? A vaccinated infected person has only a 10% chance of passing the virus on and also their infectious period is greatly reduced. My vaccinated sister in law just had Covid and no other vaccinated member of the family caught it
  13. Albynsw

The big difference and issue is reliability. I wouldn’t pay Redarc money for a panel it is ridiculous but at the same time I think he said in the video he is on warranty replacement no 3 for the Kings so that is no good either especially if you are touring you don’t want products failing on you...
  14. Albynsw

Banks - moral compass or arbiter?

It is all about the banks protecting their brand, they are not financing coal mines either as it is not politically correct with the masses The banks are just looking after themselves like every other business does
  15. Albynsw

Looking for recommendations - two burner portable stove.

That is the one we have but red when it was branded Primus, we have had it for about 7 years I just keep ours in a pillow case I chose that one because it is compact, has a high BTU and easy clean interior. Haven’t looked at what other options are now available but are very happy with it