Recent content by 99pc chimpanzee

1. 99pc chimpanzee

Lead Crystal Batteries

Bit confusing too reading dcs product description blarb from eBay, photos of under bonnet installation then this quote "For increased service life it is recommend that the DCS Lithium Ion Batteries are installed in cooler locations. Avoid hot ambient temperatures such as those found under...
  2. 99pc chimpanzee

Lead Crystal Batteries

Done a bit of digging,its all a bit odd(like usual with betta :-),yes no website anymore,same retailers only website where i found that tech bulletin is selling lc under this brand EGE evergreen energies http://www.chinaege.com/copy_index_085724.html?chlang=&langid=2 tho they look exactly like...
  3. 99pc chimpanzee

Lead Crystal Batteries

Mmmm, ultimately, best practice would be to have a lithium charge profile,tho not crucial with quality bms....couple of things ive learnt is 14.6 is important and dont use any 240v chargers with rejuvenation functions
  4. 99pc chimpanzee

Lead Crystal Batteries

Interesting to read here of people being successful with underbonnet installations,that was the one thing i didn't think lifepo4 like, excessive heat,not doubting anyone just curious and good info to gather.
  5. 99pc chimpanzee

Lead Crystal Batteries

They removed it after some noise by myself and others on another forum on which betta batteries had a profile, interesting post about them no longer existing,ill look into that as bb no longer posts on forum and been a while since utube uploads The article was an alert bulletin to resellers...
  6. 99pc chimpanzee

Show us your old BT50/Ranger

This may sound really dumb, however whats that borbly thing on top of uhf antenna...new technology i have not seen before Lol, edit,oh i see, tennis ball emoji,there i was thinking it was a xmas decoration....thats friggen hilarious,managed to zoom picture in and get a squiz,very funny.
  7. 99pc chimpanzee

Maf re learn procedure

Dunno,if u get no joy ere,if you havent already purchase a workshop/service manual from eBay, around 10bucks,can download usually, they'll have the procedure in there if applicable
  8. 99pc chimpanzee

Would you pay $80K for the new Ford Ranger Raptor?

Dunno official figures,ive only seen one on the road in my travels
  9. 99pc chimpanzee

Would you pay $80K for the new Ford Ranger Raptor?

They've finally got it through they're thick heads, just in case u haven't seen https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2021-ford-ranger-engine-details
  10. 99pc chimpanzee

UHF Repeater Channels

Yes its confusing, basically your correct,if you have a repeater in area u are and have no clear line of sight it may help u reach others This vid is Aussie and good,for it to sink in watching a few times doesn't hurt :)to get ya head around the ch 4/ch34 info,just remember if in area with a...
  11. 99pc chimpanzee

EGR PJ/PK

Thats it,onya:),shorten it up if u want,up to you,if its happy like that leave it. Ill hold u too the beer,dunno if I'll be in the ranger by then tho,maybe a motorhome:cool:ol fart in caravan park
  12. 99pc chimpanzee

EGR PJ/PK

All good,ive been trying to create a photo that wasnt too confusing No need to do what wazza has done,youll get check engine light either way,youve stopped gases going into inlet with blanking plate,wazza does same by disabling egr valve Ok here goes,dont be worried i was hesitant when...
  13. 99pc chimpanzee

EGR PJ/PK

P.s you dont need to take the bolts right out, just undo enough to give a gap for blanking plate
  14. 99pc chimpanzee

EGR PJ/PK

I did put blanking plate in front of gasket,btw by memory took about 300kms if driving b4 engine light came on
  15. 99pc chimpanzee

EGR PJ/PK

Ill take a pic tomorrow with an arrow to save any doubt,it was years ago when i did it,i am sure i left the gasket in and put blanking plate in front of it as your thinking,for info,you don't need to undo the front two bolts of cooler that face towards ground,the plate will slide in with a few...