2luxes's latest activity

2luxes replied to the thread Grease Advice.
    Molly is for sliding parts like suspension ball joints. Never put it in wheel bearings unless the bearing manufacturer says to use it...
    2luxes reacted to paulblah's post in the thread Grease Advice with Like Like.
    Okay im going to drop this here but my question is a little broader than suspension. Im currently traveling, we have an off road boat...
    2luxes replied to the thread New Member.
    Have a look through the lifestylevideosofaustralia.com site. I tried to post the link but I kept getting an Elvis link that I used...
    2luxes reacted to itlldoo's post in the thread GVM upgrade with Like Like.
    2luxes replied to the thread GVM upgrade.
    Have a look through the " RV Books " web site. In addition to being able to buy many books, it contains a lot of information on towing...
    2luxes replied to the thread GVM upgrade.
    You will definitely be overweight. A GVM upgrade may make it legal but there could be a big question mark hanging over its safety and...
    2luxes replied to the thread Gday all.
    Just a thought while you are working on this car. Do you.know if the engine timing belt has ever been changed?
    That should be easy enough. Tell us as much as possible about it and we should be able to help.
    What are you trying to do to it and where do you intend taking it?
    2luxes replied to the thread Hilux wheel size.
    I bought a 2003 LN 167 in 2007. I still have it and have put 160,000 k's on it with the standard size 205 x 16 tyres. I started with...
    Back around 2002 or 3, I put two VP Commodore seats into a L200 Mitsubishi single cab ute. They had to be approved by the local engineer...
    ultimately it will make traveling that part of the outback safer and less destructive to the vehicle. im not the guy who drives as tough...
    2luxes reacted to Petunia's post in the thread 31 Inch tyres scrubbing ONE side with Like Like.
    I have an '02 with 31/10.5's 1st set did exactly the same, you learn to do it up till it makes noise then back it off a quater turn, or...
    That argument may have been ok for older twin cabs but you'll find the current utes are all 1800 odd kg rear axle rated - rear capacity...
    Men drove all around Australia for years in old Landrovers with only a winch and spare tyres water and shovel. No fancy ARB or TJM back then