Who to vote for?

Scomo was a guest speaker at one of his churches recently and he said to put your trust in God not the government , “I have worked in these places and you shouldn’t put your trust in them “
Haas...., spot the irony..., Scomo rabbiting on about trust and truth !!!
Good riddance......,

Albynsw

That's very close to 'Work will set you free'

insufficient caliber for some thickheads.

Don’t know about set you free unless you mean financial freedom? but I agree with Matt. If you want to work harder/smarter then you are entitled to a better life than those that don’t
Freedom of choice for everyone

mikehzz

Don’t know about set you free unless you mean financial freedom? but I agree with Matt. If you want to work harder/smarter then you are entitled to a better life than those that don’t
Freedom of choice for everyone
The logic is flawed. That's like saying the winner of Wimbledon is there because they worked the hardest. I know many tennis players that worked their arse off, harder than the famous players, and you've never heard of them. You may have spoken to them if you were riding in their cab or wherever else they ended up. It's a sorry tale I can tell you. If you draw the short straw with brains or talent then there's no good life for you. You don't have to set up a system that caters for smart, talented people, they don't need it. It's the people who have no brains or talent that need a system to give them even a moderate life. We have to be careful about preaching the myth that working and trying hard will get you the life you are "entitled" to. Having said that, the biggest gift you can be born with is health and if you come up short there then you miss the life you're entitled to as well. Wanting something and working hard for it is not actually viable for a lot of people. Too many smart successful people think it is and then label the people who aren't successful as simply too lazy without knowing their true circumstances.

LongRoad2Go

The logic is flawed. That's like saying the winner of Wimbledon is there because they worked the hardest. I know many tennis players that worked their arse off, harder than the famous players, and you've never heard of them. You may have spoken to them if you were riding in their cab or wherever else they ended up. It's a sorry tale I can tell you. If you draw the short straw with brains or talent then there's no good life for you. You don't have to set up a system that caters for smart, talented people, they don't need it. It's the people who have no brains or talent that need a system to give them even a moderate life. We have to be careful about preaching the myth that working and trying hard will get you the life you are "entitled" to. Having said that, the biggest gift you can be born with is health and if you come up short there then you miss the life you're entitled to as well. Wanting something and working hard for it is not actually viable for a lot of people. Too many smart successful people think it is and then label the people who aren't successful as simply too lazy without knowing their true circumstances.
Totally agree - the old 'we need to march to the slowest person in society so everyone moves forward' principle is the most equitable in a caring society. That's a somewhat unique thread in Commonwealth Nations ... not so much in 'Merica and other so-called dog-eat-dog Republics.

The main challenge we have is removing true bludgers from the welfare system - those people who feign injury/disability/illness so they can go surfing everyday.

I would strongly support the reintroduction of National Service, just to give 18-25 years olds a good start in life, and to benefit our country in the long run.

Albynsw

Mike I agree with you and absolutely we should support and look after those that need it but working hard and doing better for yourself is available the the majority of the population
Just look at how many migrants have come to this country with nothing and done well for themselves through hard work and determination

Health and peace of mind is by far the most important asset you could ever own and can’t be bought

Yes, indeed freedom of choice is a good thing.
I've worked very hard also and been very...., very lucky..., but I choose to pay some of it forward as they say..., and help others less abled..., because, through no fault of their own, the less abled do absolutely not deserver to be penalised by the 'haves' of the political divide, simply because they are less abled. Reminds me of the 'trumpeters' in DC on Jan 6.
Everybody brings something of value to the table...., but some people don't like it when the 'have nots' vote..., and make a difference.

Albynsw

I think we are all on the same page and I didn’t explain myself properly
When I started work in the construction industry it was the Labor Union era and employees all had to be on the same pay rate, you couldn’t reward a good worker with a pay rise and if you wanted to lay staff off due to not enough work the rules were “Last man on the first man off “
So there was no incentive to improve and the long standing employees could be slack and not lose there job

That had a big impact on me as a young bloke as it just didn’t make sense and was grossly unfair
The system should always allow people to improve their situation if they are prepared to put in the extra effort

Corndoggy

Current news has brought out something from election day. I remember the day, I received a SMS, I'm told by the better halfs, wife and daughter it's called a text message today, of an intercept of a boat heading to Australia. On election day while the polls were still open. Said to her this is strange, virtually never ever get anything like this, it's so convenient that this is sent on this day. Part of the Libs/Nats strategy was to say the boats would be on their way again and with Labor expected to win it's started. It's being said the Prime Ministers office was pushing other departments for this to be released to the media. Another election strategy maybe, no way, for sure it was. Wait to see what's going to become of this. Maybe something, maybe nothing.

Toyasaurus

Alby.
These days the purple circle are the only ones left or promoted on all of the big jobs I have been on.
See, " how to kiss ass without swallowing to much crap."
I.E. Brown nose, brown tongue.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Current news has brought out something from election day. I remember the day, I received a SMS, I'm told by the better halfs, wife and daughter it's called a text message today, of an intercept of a boat heading to Australia. On election day while the polls were still open. Said to her this is strange, virtually never ever get anything like this, it's so convenient that this is sent on this day. Part of the Libs/Nats strategy was to say the boats would be on their way again and with Labor expected to win it's started. It's being said the Prime Ministers office was pushing other departments for this to be released to the media. Another election strategy maybe, no way, for sure it was. Wait to see what's going to become of this. Maybe something, maybe nothing.
Did your text end by saying "Vote coalition"? cause Scomo (don't trust the government) allegedly authorised it.? ;)

boobook

I was beginning to think that Labour had changed their ways, improved China management, Improved pacific relationships etc.

But it didn't take long for them to see those rivers of tax payer gold and put their grubby little hands on it. The Treasurer and deputy treasurer think the money is to "Be shared around".

Hang on that's people savings. Why on earth do they think they can dip into that and share it - to money losing projects and government waste?

The Labour Leopard cant change its spots can it.

LongRoad2Go

I was beginning to think that Labour had changed their ways, improved China management, Improved pacific relationships etc.

But it didn't take long for them to see those rivers of tax payer gold and put their grubby little hands on it. The Treasurer and deputy treasurer think the money is to "Be shared around".

Hang on that's people savings. Why on earth do they think they can dip into that and share it - to money losing projects and government waste?

If your referring to the Superannuation thing, the (current) caveat seems to be they won't instigate the change until AFTER the next election i.e. if they get elected, then it's a mandate for the Superannuation change too.

How did 'Yes Minister' state that sort of thing? Oh, yes: 'Courageous!':D

Meanwhile, in Sydney, NSW, everyone who has a brain is thinking where the hell has all that money come from to build all the new Motorways and Tunnels that were signed off by previous Liberal Governments - Gladys and her Gladiators.

Not looking good for Labour if/when they get in - inherit the wind indeed, because that is all what's left in the Treasury!

discomatt

If the previous comments are in relation to the proposed changes to super contributions taxes for those with super balances over 3 million that will effect less than 1% of the population I say bring it on.
Given the mega rich are not hurting at all while most of Australia is being screwed and the fact they have income tax cuts on the way it’s all fair as far as I am concerned
As if people with 10’s of millions stashed in super need the extra 15% they will pay in tax, a little more equality in society would do wonders

John U

It impacts the earnings on the 0.5% of the population who have over $3million in Super. People who have no need for this tax concession.

I guess you'll trot out 'they worked hard for it' next. <facepalm>.

This is what you focus on. Meanwhile, this grub, who had already fraudulently charged the tax payer $38,000 for his 'internet' has admitted to lying to ensure Robodebt rolled on.

Keep defending the indefensible.

Albynsw

Are they proposing to tax the funds akleady in their account or just not giving them a tax concession for further contributions? I am ok with the second aspect but definitely not the first

boobook

I guess you'll trot out 'they worked hard for it' next. <facepalm>.
Not me. I'm not a believer in working hard = wealth generation. That is a falacy.

I believe in working smart and taking risks. and some hard work on top generates wealth and jobs for others.