Corona virus

Gidgee

Just wanted to say regardless of anything I'm feeling very sorry for the Vics at this time. Fingers crossed there is a quick turn around and you can get normal lives back and go bush. It's not fair and it's hard to look on the bright side, but ya gotta stay positive. Bugger me, I woulda made a great psykolojist eh?

boobook

Yep and I guess you are happy with twitter and facebook deciding what we can and can not see, yeah screw that...

If you don't like their policies, don't use them. Simple. No one forces anyone to read that tripe.

Sorry Matt. I honestly don't care about them. But people seem to believe that crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTL

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I do feel so lucky. No sorry, I feel like that Twitter, Facebook, whatever does not rule my thinking or my knowledge.
My knowledge comes from living and sharing personally with many people over many decades. I also have listened and learned from people who lived back in the early nineteen hundreds. Nothing like getting it from the horses mouth, not like people today who get it from google, etc. etc. and believe the bulls*it and then reckon they know it all.
All they can do is quote stuff that anyone can make up and then believe it. :eek:.
I would add, that some if not all of the smartest, knowledgeable people I have ever met don't have titles, degrees, friends in high places, whatever and don't make it in my eyes. However the ones I believe in and have met are the most down to earth, hard working, honest, respectful, reliable, people who have ever lived.

Last edited:

discomatt

If you don't like their policies, don't use them. Simple. No one forces anyone to read that tripe.

Sorry Matt. I honestly don't care about them. But people seem to believe that crap.
And I am not active , use , read or have accounts on any of them either but that is not the point....

boobook

Sorry Matt, I wasn't pointing at you, just a general statement.

My point is that those platforms are 99% gossip, opinion, speculation and promotion / add revenue drivers. Much of it is just rubbish or personal promotion. They're not news platforms and have no quality control. A lot of stuff is taken down because it is harmful, a lie or designed to manipulate, which apparently works very very well. I think that the owners of the platforms have an obligation to take that shit off, and every person who signs up agrees that the owner of the social media platform has the right to remove anything. Stuff is removed all the time because it is worthless, harmful bull.

If you want NEWS instead, the more traditional outlets have some filters, and quality control and stuff is not removed frequently because it went through some kind of vetting process to there in the first place. It may be biased but unlike twitter etc it has some factual basis and is not removed willy nilly.
If these wacko promotors of anti vax, 5G conspiracies, anti-mask ( and 1000 other loonie conspiracies) etc have an important message that is not made up, then they have legitimate avenues to argue them that would be subject to scrutiny at the time of publishing, or if they like, they can start their own webpage where they are the author, editorial control and have total control on what is printed and what is deleted, that way no one can take them down unless they really go over the top - which they often do.

There is no restriction of freedom of publishing on this stuff. But there are terms of use on twitter etc. If these people don't like it, they should go elsewhere to infect the world with their bullshit.

:)

Peter sums it up perfectly.

At least in the days before the internet the bloke down the pub had an excuse for a bit of embellishment and poetic licence.

dno67

Anybody curious about the possitive numbers and how there being reported ?
I believe both chanel 9 and seven are going to be doing stories on this subject in the future.
Being in a high risk category, lm all for airing on the side of caution. But there's some pretty wild stories out there about accident victims waking up after 2 or three days in a covid19 ward then being asked to test, which them means they have to stay in that ward until the test results come back. I find this concerning ether way.

boobook

Yeah, it came out yesterday that Victoria has deliberately been withholding the tracing information and case links from the other states and the Feds that would have capped the transfer of cases interstate, despite the national cabinet agreement that all states would be completely transparent. The new Victorian deputy medical guy that replaced Van Diemen last Friday accidentally let the cat out of the bag at his first meeting. Doh! Obviously not briefed to say "I know nothing" by Dan. Brendon Murphy is apparently very pissed off.

Has anyone else noticed that Victoria has a new Deputy Chief Health Officer - Allen Cheng? Interestingly Van Diemen resigned on Friday because she was interested in working on "non-Covid issues and other viruses such as herpes", and not the single most important thing affecting the world right now. Seriously?

It might be time for another deputy Medical person in Vic. Not a secure job. I suspect this one will have a newfound interest in the effect of Covid 19 on earwigs or something.

The only certain thing with this whole worldwide COVID crisis is that a new Victorian Government screw up or cover up will come out every day without fail.

Last edited:

dno67

Seems like the states on fire and the mob in charge are passing the marshmallows around, while we're left caged in the dark and our livelihoods are being used to feed the fire. So yes, lm interested in the numbers and what the end games going to be. Returning to what ? and under what conditions ?

And to top it all off, its the mob in charge thats caused this.
Wasted a whole day trying to get through via phone for some clarification on issues, hour on hold to hear its a 6 hour wait for a call to be answered, suppose theres no urgency given there working on a 6 week time frame.

boobook

The 3 stooges.jpg

Warby

Just to clarify I don't call BS on covid but the handling of it, if it is so bad why is it that the people handling the hotel quarantine was contracted to those with NFI on medical lock downs and not trained persional, why were we not totally locked down 3 months ago to eliminate it from Australia as NZ has done?
Our premier says he takes full responsibility for it all but will not be held accountable for his massive screw ups, the whole handling of the whole thing in Victoria is laughable as was the F wits that let it get of the Ruby Princess in NSW.
After the flog let the whole thing get out of hand in the original outbreaks in Cedar meats after seeing how it spreads in abattoirs overseas he only now decides to reduce working numbers in high risk work environments.
Like I said its all BS

Hindsight bias is a beautiful thing.

peterfermtech

Generally I'm reasonably happy with the response by our leaders given the difficulties and uncertainties of the situation. Sure there has been stuff ups and some hard to understand decisions but everyone will have a different opinion with a situation like this. Sadly in Victoria we do not seem to have much depth to our government especially if one my nearby MPs who is straight out of the script book for "Utopia" is any example. I think Andrews has done a pretty good job in communicating but a star footballer is not much use if every time he passes the ball on it gets fumbled.

The problem we have at the moment in Victoria is the government is infected with the school teacher attitude.
"OK class we know that some of you have been bad so to punish you and set an example we are going to put the whole class in detention."
The question I wish to ask is what is wrong with a public flogging?

dno67

Generally I'm reasonably happy with the response by our leaders given the difficulties and uncertainties of the situation. Sure there has been stuff ups and some hard to understand decisions but everyone will have a different opinion with a situation like this. Sadly in Victoria we do not seem to have much depth to our government especially if one my nearby MPs who is straight out of the script book for "Utopia" is any example. I think Andrews has done a pretty good job in communicating but a star footballer is not much use if every time he passes the ball on it gets fumbled.

The problem we have at the moment in Victoria is the government is infected with the school teacher attitude.
"OK class we know that some of you have been bad so to punish you and set an example we are going to put the whole class in detention."
The question I wish to ask is what is wrong with a public flogging?
Yes, no, yes and yes. Iol
If it hasn't become apparent in recent times, dealing with any government departments ether local or state has become stupid difficult or near impossible unless it's collection of fees or revenue, it should have now.
l don't think we're getting much for our money in return in the way of public service.
Not to mention the big brother, do as l say not as l do mentality.
Yes it's only my view on it, but l think there's a lot that will agree especially other small bissisness owner and operators.
Bring on the fines, yer. Implement some more bull$hit permits and crap to make big brothers job easier.

CTL

IMHO Victoria is in a world of hurt, not because a Premier made some tough decisions, not because some bad decisions were made by the government but simply, and let’s just face the facts, a massive number of Victorians just couldn’t do the right thing by their fellow human beings. They were selfish and couldn’t give a shit about anybody else! That is why Victoria is in the pickle it is now.

But there's some pretty wild stories out there about accident victims waking up after 2 or three days in a covid19 ward then being asked to test, which them means they have to stay in that ward until the test results come back. I find this concerning ether way.
I find your reason to be concerned, concerning.
A hospital is a place for the sick and injured. The most vulnerable in our community. A hospital does not need an infectious disease running rampant through its wards. They do not want any of those vulnerable people dying after catching Covid whilst IN HOSPITAL.
An unconscious patient arrives in an ambulance from an accident scene and the staff have no knowledge of their Covid history. The correct and only choice is to isolate them until proven they are not infectious. Yet, you are concerned.