Trout Season

dno67

Friday the 6th of Sept the rivers are open again, anyone going to try there luck ?

Swaggie

Kool Thanks for the heads up, This is my year to catch a trout and pull some gold out those darn rivers..

deptford

Yeah have been waiting for the opening of trout season for a little bit now. cant wait for it to get here.

Jackolux

My new Fly Fishing gear should turn up tomorrow , never Fly Fished before so it will probably be interesting to see how big of a mess I can get myself into

dno67

My new Fly Fishing gear should turn up tomorrow , never Fly Fished before so it will probably be interesting to see how big of a mess I can get myself into

You've got some good water close by for fly.
I've only tried it once, didn't go too bad for a first flick.
I'll stick to lure's.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey it's my birthday on the 7th. I always wanted a trout for my birthday. Make sure you send it in a cool pack.
Thanks.
P.S. Settle for Rainbow, or Brown.

Swaggie

Sheez, we still don't know where all the fish and golds at. lol

lmao..ok ok I'll give you one. The Werribee Shit Farm.. plenty of Brown trout and ive been told plenty of gold at the bottom of those settling ponds. :eek:

Swaggie

Nope Briag has never done much for me fishing wise. I tend to spend most of my time in the hills.

Oh and I forgot apart from the trout and gold I want to catch my first freshwater cray, not sure if I'll eat it knowing an average size takes about 80 years to grow.

Gonna have a busy year, might have to invest in some dynomite for all three. .lol