Change background image

XR6 Turbo Conversion GU PATROL - PoRKy PIG!-Georgie's Twin Locked GU Patrol

Discussion in 'My 4WD' started by Georgie Kyro, Aug 16, 2016.

1. RBJET

RBJET Active Member

Can you set a trans brake in it so you can hit the bog holes at 6000rpm?

komaterpillar and Georgie Kyro like this.
  2. Georgie Kyro

Georgie Kyro Well-Known Member

Hey mate, yeah thought of that as they use that on most drag applications but was a little scepticle of that as for saftey reasons I wanted 4th to be closer to neutral for saftey reasons...
    Given that we had already discussed this tranny build with the tranny builder he is already built with first being all the way down.
    So I think it may just be the way it is and have to deal with the configuration I already have.

3. Georgie Kyro

Ha
    Haha yeah that would end really bad aye lol

RBJET likes this.
  4. Georgie Kyro

Yeah yoi can but I'm a little worried having that set up if you need to find neutral in a hurry up top.
    A lot of rock crawlers do it that way around too and so do drag cars. But unfortunately when starting the build I told him leave it standard... possibly the only thing I would have changed now

5. Georgie Kyro

Some more tranny spam

6. Georgie Kyro

7. Georgie Kyro

8. Georgie Kyro

9. Georgie Kyro

10. Georgie Kyro

So the tranny has now been fully rebuilt and assembled.
    The last picture shows the wore for the torque lock up kit.

We are now waiting for the torque converter to be custom made to suit our application.
    This is the last piece of the puzzle to go onto the tranny besides the bracket for the bm stealth pro ratchet shifter.

After the trannys done it heads back to JPC to meet the engine where we are waiting on vakve springs and head stud bolts to arrive to install onto the engine...
    The only engine strengthening modifications that we are requiring will be valve springs, head stud bolts, billet pump gears.

Then we wait on the injectors...

So far... So close... So focussed on getting this done as quickly as possible

11. Georgie Kyro

12. Georgie Kyro

So last week I managed to grab my bm stealth pro ratchet shifter... i gave up on trying to go down another path as I was already committed with the fully manualised auto and the tranny wasn't set up in reverse pattern.

It may be a little annoying but I guess I'm just assuming until I finally get to drive it...
    More info on the build soon.
    The tune shop will be installing vakve springs billet oil pump gears head studs etc in the next week or so.
    Stay tuned ;)
    Hope you're all well

13. MyCrazy80

MyCrazy80 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see it in action!!! Upload a heap of footage to YouTube as I'm subscribed to your channel, been looking forward to it since I first seen your first post on the pig that will actually "fly"!!

PS hope you and your family are all doing well also!!

Georgie Kyro likes this.
  14. Georgie Kyro

Just a little bit of progress todsy fella's

Today I managed to pick up my torque converter from Torque Converter Engineering in Ringwood.

For those of you that don't know this place they are well known in the torque converter industry for building some of Australia's most bad arse high powered drag and or race cars torque converters.

Don't really know the ins and outs of what exactly is done with the converter but I just know it's now built to spec for what we are chasing plus more.
    I also managed to purchase the new 600x300x76 pro flow intercooler... It's not a plazmaman but it will aparently do the job for the 400rwkw range we are after...
    And considering things come in 3's my race slicks finally got down here after a 3 week waitfrom Sydney....

I now pretty much have everything ready that could of been bought for the car and is all sitting at JPC.

It's is now almost time for me to send it to the work shop for the hear transplant.

Exciting times ahead !

Watch this space !!!

15. Georgie Kyro

16. Georgie Kyro

17. Georgie Kyro

18. Georgie Kyro