Change background image

What tent do you use?

Discussion in 'Tents' started by InSanE, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Poppa

Poppa Member

Lot of Oztents and Black Wolf jobs - I might have to move into the 21st Century.
    Hal Saul swag and hoochie or the old Southern Cross centre-pole tent seem a bit basic. I guess old habits never die, or more likely, teaching old codgers to use new stuff is bloody frustrating for all concerned.

2. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Mate, nothing wrong with your current kit if you are happy with it, and the job it does.

The old canvas tourer tents are bombproof, and really just about as quick as putting up the others . . .
    The oztents need pegging down / out, and if adding walls take a lot longer than 30 secs.
    Same with turbo tents, you need to throw a fly over (all of them, non integral ?) and peg all down securely.

With your SC tent, maybe a side pole kit would be worth the $49.90 on special from SNOWYS at the moment to keep the floor clear / more flexible setup inside.

Me. Even in fairly inclement weather, I manage pretty well under the side awning with a simple flat swag on a single stretcher, comfy as, and off the ground :)

3. wayno70

wayno70 New Member

Just got a Colman 6P instant up

4. barcher

barcher Well-Known Member

Recently purchased an oztent rv4, whoever thinks that they're quick has never owned a centre pole tourer tent. Nothing wrong with the oztent it's just that they bang on about being a 30 second setup. Start by unstrapping it off the roof rack, if windy you still have to peg it before set up. Reckon I could do the centre pole tent in less than half the time especially pack up time.

bigjew, tankbloke and oldlux like this.
  5. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

I think the centre pole tents are underrated. They pack up a lot easier and are a much better shape and size to take with you as well.
    The price is a lot better too.

bigjew, oldlux and barcher like this.
  6. oldlux

oldlux Well-Known Member

@barcher @Albynsw I'm with you blokes on the center pole tents, quick an easy.

bigjew and Albynsw like this.
  7. TomKat121111

TomKat121111 New Member

We just upgraded our camper trailer to a Austrack 12' tent. it is awesome easy to set up and with adequate ventilation for the tropics.

8. Lost1?

Lost1? Member

Coleman 5 man tent. I only take it if we are going to stay in one spot for 2 days or more. Takes about 20 minutes to set up. Comfortable enough with 2 stretchers and 2 small tables undercover, which is good for the sort of weather we get at times down south.

Bomber2012 and tankbloke like this.
  9. LurchWA

LurchWA Member

I hear ya mate......it never leaves ya that's for sure