Change background image

What tent do you use?

Discussion in 'Tents' started by InSanE, Sep 23, 2008.

1. LowLux

LowLux Moderator

We have 2 tents. 1 is the EPE Speedy Tent (3 person) and the other is a OZtent RV. Speedy tent is great for those emergencies when you have no time to set-up due to bad weather or what ever and the OZ is more for the long term stay somewhere.
    Speedy tent is great cause you pull it out of it's flat, disc shaped cover, throw it into the air and it set's itself up before it hits the ground. All you do is put 4 pegs in if you want (not needed).

2. Pure Yobbo

Pure Yobbo Moderator

We have a 6 man Oztrail - had it for years and has served us really well. Weeks on end at fraser been everywhere in it.

3. knot_gillty

knot_gillty Active Member

We just lashed out and bought a Kmart job, reduced from about $400 to $200 then got another 25% off so spent a massive $150.. I thought it might be a bit dodgy but as it turned out it is a good tent.

BUT, why is it that a tent NEVER packs back into the bag the same again, EVER!!!

4. Sbazz

Sbazz New Member

we use a 2 man dome for overnight stays as its really quick to set up and gives us enough room to put up the double air mattress and still have room to put a couple of bags on the side.

For longer stays we have an ancient (20+ year old) canvas thing that has been passed down from the in-laws. All that has needed to be replaced in its time is the front zip! It needs 2 people to put it up but gives heaps more headroom and has an awning out the front which provides a good shady spot to leave the esky.

5. cruiserv8

cruiserv8 New Member

We use this

We have a couple of tents but thought we would give this a try, we mounted a roof top tent on a trailer, this gives us an easy way to stay in rest areas as there is no pegging down, also we can unhook the trailer in a caravan park, and just use the vehicle without having to take down the tent, so far we have found this works well, we have a false floor and shelf so plenty of room, a solar panel is mounted on the roof with a battery on the A frame.

Pete.

Attached Files:

6. frosty

frosty Well-Known Member

mmm, Is this the YOBBO clothing section? :rolleyes:

7. GippsSurfer

GippsSurfer New Member

Told you it was a decent tent mate... would I lead you astray....

8. LowLux

LowLux Moderator

I bought a heavy duty canvas bag so that anytime I buy a tent, which comes in one of those nylon bags, that they never go back into, I just throw the nylon one out and use the canvas bag. There forever and usualy fits nicely.

9. knot_gillty

knot_gillty Active Member

Yeah, thats what i'm going to do. I already have the bag so i just need to put the tent in it.

Yeah, yeah, i know....

Would you lead me astray??? I think so mate, i think so!!

10. GippsSurfer

GippsSurfer New Member

Well i didnt leave you in the bush alone with Ben on the way home now did I?? Im sure you would of found your way out eventually... LOL

Rob.

11. casfnq

casfnq New Member

Seaview 9+3 - it's like a house!

We recently bought an 'OzTrail Seaview 9+3'. HEAPS of room, and nice sunroom. Went through a lot of rain when we camped (for 1 week) over September holdiays and not a leak. Just need to get a tarp big enough now to cover the sunroom and eating areas.

It comes with a bag that has a 'zip expansion' (and on rollers). So when it doesn't go back in, you expand the zip and it fits!!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  12. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  13. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I got me one of these for when we all go.........
    [​IMG]

But if it's just me or me & the little bloke, I've got one of those 30second tents, that my double AOS swag fits perfectly into. When he gets older he can have the tent, & I'll just take the swag...................best $280 I ever spent on a camping item.

14. hiluxguy

hiluxguy New Member

OzTent RV4, works really well if you don't mind putting it on the roof racks as it is too big for the cargo area

15. Blue one

Blue one Member

Hannibal roof top tent. 5 min to set up & pack away. Comfortable as (Even the missus likes it) No problems in the rain and it extends over the back of the Patrol so it acts like an awning providing good dry access in the wet.

Cool in summer as it picks up more of the breeze fully opened ( Fly wire closed of course. LOL). I have just done 7000kms with the missus on remote tracks and I was very pleased with it.

Cheers

16. cuffs

cuffs New Member

You can't beat the Black Wolf range of tents

17. cuffs

cuffs New Member

Wally, peg the corners down first the last time I used mine I popped it up and before I could peg it down the wind took it. No damage but will remember next time

18. tourer

tourer New Member

19. WILDTI

WILDTI 4x4 Earth Contributer

Croozer & i have 2 tents, Spinifex franklin (12 person dome) for when we have the kids. When its just us and the dog we a spinifex avon (6 person dome)

20. V8 4runner

V8 4runner New Member

SWAG
    either.... in, beside or under the 4x4

cheers

Den77 likes this.