Change background image

What tent do you use?

Discussion in 'Tents' started by InSanE, Sep 23, 2008.

1. InSanE

InSanE New Member

Just curious what tents people use and if they like them or not

I have an Oztent RV5 its a great tent easy to set up, I have an awning and side pannels that clip onto it for summer shade and winter shelter. The only bad point about this tent is that its bulky to carry but other then that its awsome :)

[​IMG]

Sean Logue, BMKal and Madlandy like this.
  2. GippsSurfer

GippsSurfer New Member

12 man Kmart job for me... not as quick to set up, but when we go, we usually stay put for a few nights, so its not that much of a hassle...

Cheers
    Rob

3. Knackers

Knackers Active Member

I've got an Oztent. Have found it to be really good. The basic tent is quick to put up, but adding all the side panels takes time. Are bulky and for this reason have moved to a TentCot. Only used the TentCot one night in dry weather. Pretty happy with that also.

Cheers
    Knackers

4. inkpig70

inkpig70 New Member

TENT ??? i usually sleep under the red pig but there seems to be to many leaks latley she needs more MUD :cool:

5. grit

grit New Member

lol... Gotta love it... a genuine mud-blood. ;)

Mine is an Oztent - its up in seconds, then I spend the rest of the time helping everyone else put theirs up (with beer in hand ofcourse).

6. Offrdn60

Offrdn60 Member

I have a COI centerpole tent, Easy 2 set up 4 pegs 1 pole. Has side poles if u dont want a pole in the middle. Packs up to 1mx1m for easy storage. Weighs 20KG

7. Muddy88

Muddy88 New Member

I have a summer tent atm, i think funkey is gonna halp me out and build a bed in the back of the gq.

8. 4X4

4X4 Moderator

Centrepole is the way to go, quick to set up, easy to pack up.

Madlandy likes this.
  9. Fox Shooter

Fox Shooter New Member

Same as above.

10. tiny

tiny New Member

yeah i got 2 centerpole tents a smaller one for me and the missus and a larger one when the kid comes easy to set up easy to pack up i have a camper but use these more often

11. bubba

bubba New Member

Tent

I also have a centre pole, four peg, safari style tent. You can stand up in it. The pole gives you something to hang on to when needed.
    It is good for short stays when on the move as it is quick to erect and pack up. Mine was from kmart. Cheap but has travelled to Cape York and around Victoria.
    Good for two people

Cheers
    Bubba

12. x [Heels] x

x [Heels] x New Member

I don't have one but i want a pink one, hehe!!!

13. Patriot

Patriot Super Moderator

If it looks like a no rain, I sleep out under the stars. It is great waking up in the middle of the night and seeing the bright stars, but if you pick the weather wrong it is a bummer, otherwise I sleep under a Hootchie, which is a square piece of water resistantish plastic. It is pretty basic and I will have to find something more elaborate when I take the family out with me.

James

14. BUSHNUT

BUSHNUT 4x4 Earth Contributer

Bugger that CMF stuff James, I got out of the Rambo crap years ago, I think life owes me a few creature comforts these days

15. chopper

chopper New Member

we have a Blackwolf family tent

[​IMG]

heaps of room inside, packs small, and really fast to put up with two people (the inner and the fly stay connected, and the poles go through the fly) but a PITA when Mrs Chopper is dealing with kids, and I have to do it on my own.

Sean Logue likes this.
  16. Quozie

Quozie Member

12 man dome. easy to put up and packs small (1 medium size bag) enough to allow more kids to be packed. two room, one screens for most of our gear (kids gear too) the other fully encloses for privacy with vents in roof for air flow. was cheap (on sale) and is more convenient than the old steel pole two room canvas tent that packs into two large bags.

17. BUSHNUT

BUSHNUT 4x4 Earth Contributer

Good choice of tent Chopper , have seen one or two around, they are not your average run of the mill, but are in a league of their own when it comes to tents .

18. MR MAC GU

MR MAC GU New Member

Blackwolf here too amongst other tents. Great tents but not the easiest to put up.

19. Barfoot

Barfoot New Member

Oztrail Peninsula 12 man, 3 rooms plus screen room on front - handy for storage & shelter. 20 mins to setup/take down. Weighs 33kg, but packs up to approx 900x600x500. Sugessted for multiple nights in one place with family - lots of room. Every time I have used it - it has absolutely pissed down! No leaks. Awnings all around & 4x4 dock if so inclined. Very happy so far. Was around $400

Side view with front screen room:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back view:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  20. wally

wally New Member

Best tent

I currently have a 3 metre Black Wolf. Fantastic tent ( a bit expensive but worth it ).
    Lay it out, climb inside, push up the frame, peg it down, start drinking.
    I would recommend you dont buy the "Lite" version. It's cheaper but material is very thin & plasticky!