What is your favourite brand of lights for your 4x4?

What is your favourite brand of lights for your 4x4?

• Fyrlyt

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Big Red

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • ARB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cibie

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Hella

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • IPF

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Narva

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Lightforce

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • X-Ray

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

Patriot

Administrator
Hello,
Doing a little market research into 4 wheel drive lights. What do you have on your truck, or what do want to put on your truck. Let us know and why.
Thanks
James

20938_lightbar.jpg

Awesome pic of Erasers lights on his truck.

RBJET

I currently run Stedi light bars on my truck and have nothing but praise for them however I've never seen Fyrlyt's before and would love to try a pair out.

RBJET

Lightforce Genesis HIDs 2 x 35w
Stedi 17" straight 80w light bar
Stedi 42" curved 240w light bar
If you ever decide to upgrade your bars give Stedi's new ones a go. I just upgraded to the ST4K and it's heaps better than the old one I had.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
If you ever decide to upgrade your bars give Stedi's new ones a go. I just upgraded to the ST4K and it's heaps better than the old one I had.

They look good, but right now lighting up the way is pretty much all good :)
Those roos have nowhere to hide now :D :D

MyCrazy80

Those roos have nowhere to hide now :D :D

Have you tried using these?
images (6).jpg

I've heard that the help alot and nearly every second car has them here in Katherine, I got some just the other day to put on the 80 but haven't been out of a night to see how well they work, apparently as your driving air passes through them making a high pitched whistle that humans can't hear but Roo's can for up to a few klms and they hop away from the sound as it hurts their ears, I got mine from auto pro but I've seen them at SCA also they're only cheap so I figure they are worth a shot.

Also I have xray 9" spotlights and I was given a set of 9" ipf spotlights last week so I'm happy with the lighting now, but at some point I will wire up the Phillips light bar I got from eBay I will put that between the ipf's on the roof rack.

Last edited:

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
My vote goes to Hella, but that's because they're all I have experience with (both on my private vehicles and on work trucks).
I've had the Rallye 4000s that are on my HiLux for over ten years, and they've been mounted to three different vehicles. I'm yet to have a single issue with them, and I haven't even needed to replace a globe yet.
They're still running halogen globes, and I plan to keep it that way. I originally intended to upgrade them to HID, but after experiencing the light output from HID globes, I decided they aren't for me (too hard on the eyes for my liking).
I'm probably the minority here, but I'm not interested in what I consider "too much" light.

Marck

I have an eBay light bar and a couple of 4 inch eBay led driving lights. Total cost delivered about $90. When you look at name brand lights do you really get $400 more performance out of name brand lights ? The light bar is now 2 years old and still performs perfectly well.

Beever

I used to run some older hella rally 2000 s they were good but the bracket busted under them. Was going to do a repair but went for a Stedi light bar instead on a mates recommendation , Wow. But didn't throw light far down the track. So got some Stedi phantom s unreal. A lot of light. A lot of light. Actually to much light ,when there are a lot of road signs around I don't turn the phantoms on you get to much reflection back. Had them on about two years all good.
The little things for roo and wallabies work well to. On Tasmanian wabbalies any way

goldrush

I have done extensive testing with Fyrlyt and countless comparisons with other types of lights and I can honestly say that nothing even comes close to the Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000. A truly staggering amount of USABLE light that doesn't dazzle or blind you when reflecting from signs etc. and doesn't fatigue your eyes after long periods of use. If you don't have Fyrlyts, you don't have the best.

phs

I have done extensive testing with Fyrlyt and countless comparisons with other types of lights and I can honestly say that nothing even comes close to the Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000. A truly staggering amount of USABLE light that doesn't dazzle or blind you when reflecting from signs etc. and doesn't fatigue your eyes after long periods of use. If you don't have Fyrlyts, you don't have the best.

They definetly look good and I am in the market for lights but I don't think a conventional round light that is bull bar mounted will be compatible with my cruise radar.

So I'll probably be limited to a light bar it's a shame as I'd be all over these and there very well priced at 1000 a pair compared to ARB or Loght force Led

Swaggie

I have the 170 Liteforce spotties (was told that's all that would fit at the time) to be honest I wouldn't recommend them..Not real happy with the 20 inch lightbar either...