Change background image

What Did You Do To Your 4X4 This Week? Include photos, if possible!

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by CHUAH1, Jul 31, 2011.

1. jack48

jack48 Active Member

Preparation for Birdsville run, finished fitting drawers, fitted cargo barrier, battery mounted on drawers to run fridge, duel power off take from Anderson plug to run rear battery and camper trailer battery, removed rear seats, fitted tie downs in cargo area and where rear seats were, fitted UHF and aireal.

Things to do, 2" lift and service and fuel and load up.

This is all on Jo's stock standard GQ patrol, well it was stock standard, actually put one screw into floor pan to secure cup holders, apart from that have used all existing bolt holes LMAO

2. Vegetoast

Vegetoast Active Member

Did a bit of this
    [​IMG]

And a bit of that
    [​IMG]

3. Parker

Parker New Member

Looks like a good day out mate!

4. blaknav

blaknav Member

i installed some new headlights and globes after having em both blow when in the bush last weekend.
    also started cleaning up a set of extractors i pulled off a wreck i have ready to go on on tuesday.. yay

5. Zukiman

Zukiman Member

Yesterday i built and installed this :

[​IMG]

6. NIAL8R

NIAL8R New Member

forked out 1180 clams for new shoes and 2 regos :eek: so whos good for a loan :D

7. Quozie

Quozie Member

This week installed a brake controller and hooked up a hot wire to for the van. In the process now of loading for our trip.

OH yeah, And I put the winch back on!!!!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  8. cruiserlad

cruiserlad 4x4 Earth Contributer

mmmm i got a new set of bighorns new front wheel bearings new back wheel bearings front left swivel hub kit back right hand brake pads handbrake pads new back right disc rotor axel seals on the rear diff oh and as a bonus found out i have a locker in the rear of the cruiser i mean whos ever heard of an 80 series lsd lasting for 330 000 ks yeah right not when it gets flogged like my old girl ye ha only need front locker now will be the same either an unlocker or Detroit locker so there ya go 2800 bucks later thats what i have had done on the cruiser in the last 2 weeks now its time to head up to mt mee

9. frosty

frosty Well-Known Member

Ahhh, Rob! You and that beat up junka Cruiser still alive then!!!

Are we due for another trip to Fraser yet??

10. cruiserlad

cruiserlad 4x4 Earth Contributer

yeah the old girls still hanging in there no heading up to yeppoon in 2 weeks so we can catch up with cliffy and friends at mt morgan you know my fraser trips are over the anzac long weekend but wouldn't mind a long weekend up at lcmp again

11. richardlnsw

richardlnsw Moderator

Had some electricals sorted out. Priced a new 2 3/4 inch exhaust, from the turbo back. Hope to have it on very soon.

Also.......... I washed it.:eek::eek::eek: Hope it still works.:D

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  12. teza h

teza h Well-Known Member

Hay! Rich you'v already got a turbo wistle going on in the old exaust,with a bit of a note to it.
    Next you'l want the big air horns on the roof :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. cptmud

cptmud New Member

only cosmetic shit, pulled the roof racks off, and gave the roof a cut polish and wax, should be right for another year. might even think about doing the rest of the car now

14. Towie

Towie Moderator

I blew my second vacuum in six months the nite before going away & now waiting 5 days for part & fix...

Shit I"m happy Jan does it get any better than this.?
    Missed a Creb run & may town shit I"m feeling even happier now..:(:rolleyes:

On a better note at least I don't have to clean it & I have a shit load of piss to drink man it does get better doesn"t it...

Have a good weekend all...

15. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost 4x4 Earth Contributer

I just accidentlly changed the oil in mine, all over the driveway, the road, the back of my truck and evrywhere else I went.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

16. deptford

deptford Active Member

What happen Ghost.

17. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost 4x4 Earth Contributer

There's a little rubber bung at the top of both ends of the block just below the rocker cover, the back one came out somehow the other day and well I didn't quie empty all the oil but it was very very low glad I noticed the burning oil refinery smell before I fried the turbo...

18. richardlnsw

richardlnsw Moderator

Hey Tez, how's things? Yeh since i have had the muffler off it has developed quite a rattle in the old exhaust. Instead f trying to fix the old one i just thought, bugger it, why not. After asking around i have ended up with the 2 3/4 inch, i will put a sports muffler on this one (maybe) just to keep the neighbours happy:D It might not sound too great around the streets but shit it sounds good in the forest:D:D

19. richardlnsw

richardlnsw Moderator

And today guess what..... it is raining:eek::eek::eek:

20. belliesheraz

belliesheraz Member

Well..... this week I had new suspension and tyres put on my rig. So far hubby has been hogging my keys and I have yet to drive it.