Change background image

What Did You Do To Your 4X4 This Week? Include photos, if possible!

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by CHUAH1, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Walkabout

Walkabout Moderator

Hard mounted my dual pump compressor behind the fridge slide and ran fused HD cable to hard wire it in plus additional switch near the back door for easy access, installed a new 10mtr high psi hose that now lives behind the rear seat on the cargo barrier. No more buggering around with a compressor in a box *woohoo*
    Fixed up the front mud guards that have taken a beating on the rocks recently.
    Scrubbed and washed it back into a reasonably new car.
    Next step is polish away this years worth of bush pinstripes ready for some new ones.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. millsy

millsy 4x4 Earth Contributer

Yeah. I had the same thing happen twice on the dirt between Tibooburra and Broken Hill. Two rocks came up and hit the windscreen, both times from camper trailers, and both times because I was not 'with it' and forgot to move over to the left far enough to be safe.

Luckily I was only left with small chips in the glass rather than a smashed windscreen.

So from those two incidents I hope I remember to be even more vigilant every time I see a camper trailer heading towards me in future.

I usually slow down and move right over to the left whenever a car comes the opposite way - good for both vehicles. Then if the other car does not slow down I should be far enough away that any stones miss me. And if by they do then my slower speed reduces the impact damage.

3. millsy

millsy 4x4 Earth Contributer

I would live with the pin stripes! Your paint is only so thick. IMO your car looks better with pin stripes than with undercoat showing through. When the paint is polished off the undercoat appears, and it easily absorbs moisture. Next thing is that you start getting rust coming through the undercoat!

4. Vegetoast

Vegetoast Active Member

work, sleep, work, sleep. I'm sure nobody wants photo's of that!

5. croozza

croozza Active Member

I filled the fuel tanks up because fuel was cheap..... other than that, it didnt leave the driveway (for a change), I drove around in the little car and done some furniture shopping.
    Actually I should say, I got dragged around to do furniture shopping....lol

6. CHUAH1

CHUAH1 Member

Matt........ you've put a Chev in your patrol??? Bloody Awsome!:D

7. CHUAH1

CHUAH1 Member

........depends who you're sleeping with!! hahahah only kidding!:p

8. Plastered

Plastered Active Member

Yep can look at my4wd for the pics

9. clarkz

clarkz New Member

Chucked in a new fuel filter! First time I did it, and didn't know the primer button wasn't working right so after 30 mins of pressing it I had to take it off and walk to a mates place to fill it up! Learnt my lesson now though!

10. NIAL8R

NIAL8R New Member

washed & vacumed 3 cars and had to sew some new tie straps on one of the seat covers an chucked some roof racks on the HiLux other than that weldedsome wheels on the kids trailer for the quad bike

11. Vegetoast

Vegetoast Active Member

Hahaha,, you still dont want any photo's..lol

12. Towie

Towie Moderator

I looked at it parked in the driveway it has not moved for over a week...

13. allanmac

allanmac 4x4 Earth Contributer

Totally understand what you are saying Wayne......;)

Havent been off road since Walhalla disaster, but had new bullbar & winch fitted a few weeks ago. Drove the paj for the 1st time today in a week or so to get new driving lights fitted by Matt at GOR.

Pic of new lights.

[​IMG]

Then tonight had my 1st car crash in 30 years......:eek:

14. Walkabout

Walkabout Moderator

That's rotten luck Allanmac, hopefully it was a reversing accident.

15. allanmac

allanmac 4x4 Earth Contributer

No Walkabout, I rear ended a small VW....:eek:. All cars in front started to move when light went green but car infront of me stalled & bang. Even though it was only a 5-10klm hit, her car suffered a bit of damage, but not a scratch on the new bullbar for me.

All my fault, as I was looking 'elsewhere' at the time....:(

16. Joe

Joe Active Member

Finally got the rear bar/spare wheel carrier fitted to the 80 last week.

17. deptford

deptford Active Member

I gave mine a quick wash.

18. slivertoy

slivertoy Well-Known Member

fitted my new winch. 10,000lb, synthetic rope, now eager to try it out :D

Attached Files:

19. Grumpy

Grumpy Moderator

While still on holidays in SA suffered a rear diff front seal leak, rear tailshaft universals and a cracked front window and still have to drive home yet, Touching wood actually thinking i might carry some with me for luck!

20. deptford

deptford Active Member

Hay Grumpy have you called in to see Millsy yet.