Change background image

What Did You Do To Your 4X4 This Week? Include photos, if possible!

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by CHUAH1, Jul 31, 2011.

1. underdog

underdog Well-Known Member

Not mine, but I did do 95% of the work. Special thanks to @03hilux for his helping hand with the rear leaves. In between my crazy work hours in the lead-up to xmas I installed a fair few improvements to my brother-in-law's Ford Ranger.

This is what it started out as:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And 2weeks later it looked like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

List of upgrades:
    2" lift (outback armour)
    Polyair Airbags
    Bushskinz bash plate complete set
    Runva 11xp
    Illuminator LED Spotlights
    Ironman snorkel
    Bonnet protector
    Weathershields
    Hayman Reese electronic brake controller

Custom painted to match vehicle:
    - spotlight surrounds
    - bullbar foglight inserts
    - bullbar skid plate

He sent me this photo on new years eve:
    [​IMG]

BTFIVO, 03hilux, 80lover96gxl and 6 others like this.
  2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Looks neat , shame he put those silly redneck flares on though, spoils it .
    But I guess it will protect the paint job , so I understand :)

underdog and 80lover96gxl like this.
  3. underdog

underdog Well-Known Member

Notice how it wasn't on the list of what i installed ;) haha. I tried to ralk him out of it but he was convinced.

03hilux, Spooner and 80lover96gxl like this.
  4. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Huge improvement and looks the goods too i reckon, dont mind the flares actually, gives it a tougher looking stance than the factory look and gives you a good gauge as to the width of the truck in tight situations.

5. 03hilux

03hilux 4x4 Earth Contributer

Good to see it finished and off road Ian.

underdog likes this.
  6. Noel Preston

Noel Preston Member

Did it last week. Re-indexed the torsion bars on my BT50 to reset the height back to specification.

7. Nissan 09 str

Nissan 09 str New Member

Last week my bro inlaw and myself built a cabinet to house a fridge, oven, compressor, 4x anderson plug outlets, twin usb outlets, Cigerette socket and a 100ah battery (enough room for a second battery later on) and hooked up on top of the rear canopy 2x 200w solar panels. Yes a little bit over the top but it gives me the option to add more gear later on. Keeps the kids happy charging all thier electronic goodies which keeps the lil missus happy.

Attached Files:

Thug, RBJET, ian.c and 2 others like this.
  8. Grippy

Grippy Active Member

Radiator in the Grand sprung a leak, so to pull it out requires the whole freaking front end and the hydraulic lines for the fan to come off, grrrr!
    Due to ordering a new one the day before New Years Eve when everyone is still on holidays I am still waiting for the replacement.
    [​IMG]2016-12-30_06-37-19 by Ian Lucas, on Flickr

underdog likes this.
  9. maddon

maddon Active Member

changed the fuel filters and broken wheel nuts / happy jan

underdog and barnsey062 like this.
  10. BTFIVO

BTFIVO Well-Known Member

11. darb

darb Well-Known Member

Well with a 10 - 12hr trip coming up i bit the bullet and put some head rest mounted screens in, both are linked to the primary one with a 32gb SD card packed with kids shows n movies (most had to be recompressed to lower resolution to be playable).

Got some DC wiring plumbing to sort out, but that won't be too hard.

the IR remote will be mounted in the front on the roof and works well ... so we can pause / mute / stop / bribe and blackmail the little shits if they're having a whinge!

We do ike to also just let kids peer out the window , but our 20 month old daughter especially is a fecking maniac, so you know what, a bit of screentime watching Toy Story 27 is fine by me.

[​IMG]

12. RBJET

RBJET Active Member

I don't think you have enough screens.

13. darb

darb Well-Known Member

That can be fixed

barnsey062 likes this.
  14. barnsey062

barnsey062 Well-Known Member

can probably get a couple in those sun visors too :)

15. darb

darb Well-Known Member

I was thinking a forward facing camera on roof for AV2 on the headrest units , wife said "this is not a flight to LA"

16. maddon

maddon Active Member

i am doing a journey from sydney to darwin and back and thought some new tyres a bit over the top

17. billolga

billolga 4x4 Earth Contributer

Tell her you don't want to be the last kid on the block to have one.:cool:

darb likes this.
  18. billolga

billolga 4x4 Earth Contributer

If you put the lights back, plus the number plate & leave the other plastic crap off it would make it easier to work on next time.:cool: (Saves on car polish as well)

Grippy likes this.
  19. Grippy

Grippy Active Member

Well with the new radiator I put the lights back in, chopped the bumper in half, so now it's tiny and light, no more fog lights and easy to work on :)

billolga likes this.
  20. beasley

beasley Active Member

IMG_0279.JPG Welded a jerrycan holder to the side of trailer. IMG_0260.JPG IMG_0272.JPG Been trying to add counterbalance weight at the back to take weight of the towball. Will make one for the other side of trailer. These ones are for 20litre water jerrys. IMG_0278.JPG

RBJET and barnsey062 like this.