Change background image

What Did You Do To Your 4X4 This Week? Include photos, if possible!

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by CHUAH1, Jul 31, 2011.

1. CHUAH1

CHUAH1 Member

Today I installed a few small things to my 4WD....

1. I added a home made insect mesh to the front of my grill.
    2. Added a fire extingisher
    3. Extended my front and rear diff breathers

A happy camper I am.... an easy and relaxing day........ :p:p:p:p:p

Attached Files:

2. Croozer

Croozer Well-Known Member

I would like to say I got a heap of work done on the new rig but Dave Coxy and I had a man weekend....lol Spent all day at Pete's with chainsaws and beer and then went for a run today and was a great trip. Im sure we will have a report up and a few pics of the day soon. But was a great weekend.
    So its next weekend to add to my new build as Matty from GOR rang me friday to say my superflex arms are in. WoooHooo! So I will be on the road soon. YAY!
    Jeeps looking great mate.

Jizzy galespy likes this.
  3. Isitslippery

Isitslippery Member

Bent both sidesteps and broke r/h inner c/v joint!
    Had a great day, just hope to b ready for action again next weekend in wombat!
    Ready is new driveshaft under warranty ASAP, also side protection steps,
    My mate busted his prado step and mudflap after sliding into a big tree stump!
    He will need side protection steps too!
    Yes, "Ohhh what a feeling"

happy tezza likes this.
  4. oyamum

oyamum Active Member

I had a good week on cars this week pulled out my gearbox on thursday to change the clutch removed the flywheel and sent it off to get machined. Also changed rear main seal whilst in there. Then refitted the gearbox with the new heavy duty pbr clutch friday arvo to get it ready for our little outing on saturday where she performed perfect.

5. frosty

frosty Well-Known Member

I spent 5 hours washing the 300 kg's of Oodnadatta mud from under mine! Took me near a whole day! Next day, full service. Next day, set up the camper and scrub the livin hell out of it!!

Never goin on holidays again! To bloody hard!!

6. waynef

waynef Member

walked past mine. mumbled under my breath about how much the bloody thing costs every time i take it out.!!!!!!!! lmao

the_gren and dammit01 like this.
  7. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost 4x4 Earth Contributer

This weekend I packed every single crevis of the underside of mine with Murray river mud, tough life but you know......

Attached Files:

dammit01 likes this.
  8. Big Matt

Big Matt New Member

bahahahahahaha nice

9. Big Rig

Big Rig 4x4 Earth Contributer

Well, I got my windscreen on the Prado smashed by some dope doing 120 with a camper passing me on the Birdsville Track, i got it fixed today then I put a new winch on the front of the XJ...

10. frosty

frosty Well-Known Member

Hey GG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How'de ya go draggin that woosy Landy back into the bog hole he obviously just drove around?????????

11. waynef

waynef Member

hey gg i am tippin that was prety smelly by the look of it !

12. Thomo100

Thomo100 New Member

i vacumed out the back seats and the vacum got clogged up with smarties......yes i will blame my kids....

Cheers

Thomo

13. cptmud

cptmud New Member

installed the rear work lights, and have been trying ti rebuild a set of free wheeling hubs on the kitchen table.

the lights
    [​IMG]

lights on my daughters car
    [​IMG]

14. jack48

jack48 Active Member

Used it on tracks, Closed Warburton Trip Report, What else do you do with a Toy ????

15. mitschal02

mitschal02 5th Annual Victorian Gathering member

Gave ours a wash after a little play in the otways yesterday :D

16. Bainsy

Bainsy 4x4 Earth Contributer

Same here just drove it! And as for the mazda... I WISH!

17. Plastered

Plastered Active Member

Had to Run the Chev in
    Also popped 2 tyres off the rim

Attached Files:

18. Replaced my front faded and smashed P plate with a new one and coloured the rear plate in :D

[​IMG]

Thats the difference between a $500 fine + loss of licence and keeping the coppers happy!

bretto88 likes this.
  19. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost 4x4 Earth Contributer

Haha ha,actually I DID have to drag him out of a bog hole the day before......:D:D:D:D
    Not to bad Wayne, bythe time that pic was taken most of the smelly stuff was stuck on/under/over and around everyone elses cars.... :D

20. Davidman

Davidman 4x4 Earth Contributer

I just dragged Nissan's out of trouble, both by hand and behind the mighty Pajero

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tough life, but someone has to do it.