Change background image

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ChallengeLee, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

We had beautiful mild temps up here today so headed off to a nearby State Park for a lovely picnic Christmas Eve lunch ????
    IMAG2273.jpg

komaterpillar likes this.
  2. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

I'd like to say you have a termite problem, but I know it ain't
    so.
    WTF is wrong with people ?

Spooner, Mr Rum and Bomber2012 like this.
  3. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

No words

Spooner likes this.
  4. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Good thing you got there in time to scare them off before they took the lot.:rolleyes:

Spooner likes this.
  5. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

It's not a new one just being installed waiting for the concrete to dry?

6. barcher

barcher Well-Known Member

Have they taken the bolts and nuts?

7. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

By the state of the ground at the footings, Id say the seats and top were firewood.

8. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Just typical of most Neanderthals in this day n age, suprised they didn't take the tubing to make sliders , Fwits.

Spooner likes this.
  9. BIGCOL

BIGCOL Well-Known Member

That's so sad, it just goes to show/reinforce that some in our community have no sense of common decency or morals.

It seems to be happening more and more these days, or is it that we are able to share what we see more easily?

What ever it is it makes me angry and frustrated that these types of people think it's ok to act the way the do.

Col.

Spooner likes this.
  10. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Is this sort of behaviour happening more these days and was there less of it 20 years ago ????

I remember going shooting with the old man when i was a kid and can remember seeing road signs shot to pieces .
    The internet shares these incidents a lot more now , years ago you would only see what you drove/walked past ,with the www we see incidents from all over Australia.
    There are a shipload more people with access to the bush and via GPS , so they can easily get into areas many didn't go back then .
    It would be interesting to see stats per population regarding this sort of vandalism .

Spooner and Mr Rum like this.
  11. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

The word itself comes from the Vandals, a group of Germanic tribes that left a path of rape and destruction across much of Europe, including the sacking of Rome. This suggests that outrageous antisocial behaviour is not new. You have to look on the bright side, we no longer drive past crucified people on crosses on the way to work, and there haven't been any witches burnt at the stake for ages. Burning a table is pretty lame by comparison, but still the act of dickheads none the less. :)

Mr Rum, Spooner and loose cannon like this.
  12. Spooner

Yup , All unbolted and gone.
    I dunno , it just pisses us off how people think its AOK to destroy someone else's hard work in making a nice site for everyone to enjoy :(

13. Marck

Marck Well-Known Member

I just wish people would stop putting HID bulbs in cars that are not shipped with them. They are supposed to self level,so they don’t blind oncoming traffic or others you follow. I just had some dope in a patroll follow me up the Warrego with them focused so high. I was not in a low car and I had to point all my mirrors away the people going the other way must still be seeing spots.

14. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

That's why I bring one of these

375506.jpg

On another note, wonders how many Idiots light fires with it hitting 40 degrees tom..

Spooner likes this.
  15. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

None of its good, and the end result the same, but at least idiots who BBQ or burn off arent deliberately trying to burn the state. With 40+ in the 3 states known for fires, Im guessing some lowlife oxygen thief is well on his way to deliberately starting a serious fire.

16. Spooner

I guess we will find out then , but rest assured their is always a few .

17. 2cents

2cents New Member

What cheeses me of is all those emails from the 4wd centre it`s almost harassment.
    And when you do spot a good deal to go into the bricks and mortar shop (in Adelaide) is a waste of time as they do not honor
    internet pricing because they are an outlet and have to add their margins.
    Have unsubscribed about 3 times now, fingers crossed

barcher likes this.
  18. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

Really? Whats the mark up?

19. 2cents

2cents New Member

Spotted a set of drawers for $375 online went to the Adelaide store to be told I could have a set for $495.
    Told them about the internet special to be told shouldn`t buy them of the internet because if something went wrong with them I would
    have to ship them back at my expense and it would cost more in the long run.
    Needless to say I did not buy anything.
    It did not sound right so I rang the main store/head office in NSW and they confirmed that`s how it was
    as some stores are outlets only and they have their own mark up.
    Dodgy false advertising I reckon!

20. abw

abw Well-Known Member

I've bought a few of their stuff picked up at Superior offroad in Sydney. I just printed out the 4wd supacentre ad and they honored the price. So I suppose it varies from store to store. best calling beforehand (also to check if they have it in stock).