Change background image

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ChallengeLee, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks back we came across just that.
    We were getting a quote for some work done next door to one of those pop up bargain Christmas places (it was in the car park where the green Oz Tackle icon is), and there were cars parked everywhere.
    The worst would have to have been the vehicle parked where the red pin is. Blocking the service station driveway.

C50F7666-AE55-4C55-A3C1-48D8FADF1263.jpeg

There was a b-double stuck in the servo for a good fifteen minutes before the owner of the car finally came back and got out of the way.

Bomber2012 likes this.
  2. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

I always wonder about that situation, sometimes I think the mentality is they feel safe on the wide stretch and open up a little, but scared when it narrows back down. Of they think youre a hoon because you caught them, and needed to be slowed down. Their speedo says 100, (actual 96) so you must be hooning.

callmejoe likes this.
  3. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

Perfect spot to park.

4. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

I
    I recon there happy traveling along until people try passing, then they feel there
    been holding everyone up so increase there speed satisfying there own mind that
    there not holding anyone up. Once anyone can no-longer pass, they slow thinking
    know-one wants to now pass till the next overtaking lane. Then it all starts again.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Bomber2012 likes this.
  5. Blue_haired_man

Blue_haired_man Well-Known Member

I actually just think they are just wankers. If they were doing 96 or 106 I could deal with that, but if they want to sit there doing 20-30km under the speed limit they should be sitting in peak hour traffic not on a highway. Every trucky I’ve ever called on the radio and let them know I’ll give them space to get one car closer to a chance of an overtaking opportunity has always been rather appreciative.

6. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

There are heaps of drivers on the road that do not have any idea. It's just that when they grow old and pull a van , many of them still have no idea. Simple answer, I have a large sign on back of van giving my call name and my channel and receive lots of calls from truckies asking to pass, especially loggers around Vic. S.A. coast. Left indicator (OK to pass me) sign comes in handy too. Would you believe many ordinary car drivers don't understand this sign an think you are pulling over ??:rolleyes:.
    When things get difficult, I just pull over for a break.
    And as far as stops, I use stops just for that ,pit stop and parking bays ( always in van bays) for a meal. I don't sleep in my van at Truck rest stops or parking bays. I just find somewhere else like a free camp spot or caravan park if necessary.
    No need to drive fast, just learn to keep an eye out, use logic and consider the truckies because they are on time frames.:)

Blue_haired_man and Bomber2012 like this.
  7. loose cannon

loose cannon Active Member

Must be different on the west coast rog. Two blinks on the right indicator is 'ok to pass me' and as you move back over to the left lane after overtaking a single left blink followed by a single right blink is 'thank you'.

8. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

I reckon it's just herd mentality. They unconsciously speed up when those around them speed up just like all herd animals. They can't help it, they're morons. :)

Bomber2012 and itlldoo like this.