Change background image

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ChallengeLee, Jul 18, 2009.

1. komaterpillar

komaterpillar Well-Known Member

When your 2 nice shiny new lockers still don't make you unstoppable hahahahaha
    Been a fair bit of rain locally over the past few days and full sun today so went for a spin down a local track for an excuse to engage the lockers. This track normally only takes 5-10 minutes to do start to finish and no need to air down, 20 minutes later I'm aired down to 15psi, twin locked, in second low feeding it the fat and on my 6th attempt at the exit to the track and finally make it up. On a track that I normally drive regularly unlocked no worries in the dry.
    Was pretty fun though.

(The track is loose black soil over a basalt base so no track damage just soupy slippery shit with zero traction)

80lover96gxl, slivertoy and tankbloke like this.
  2. callmejoe

callmejoe Active Member

(The track is loose black soil over a basalt base so no track damage just soupy slippery shit with zero traction)

Yeah thats what she said..
    :);)

3. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Ha ha that's why I always suggest a winch first over a locker or lockers, at least it gives you other options. But the lockers will come in handy in other situations, you'll be laughing...;)

4. komaterpillar

komaterpillar Well-Known Member

Yeah I totally agree, a winch is the ultimate failsafe! I was ready to rig the winch up for this incident but I'm to lazy and airing down was the easier option haha if that failed it was winch time
    [​IMG]

Swaggie likes this.
  5. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

You have both mate, you've pretty well covered yourself, happy 4wdriving...

6. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

I’ll tell you what’s cheesing me off right now.

This view!
    F6E1B912-D3D2-47BA-943D-B256D4C74684.jpeg

I’ve been stuck in the car park at work behind this boom for almost an hour so far, and after many many phone calls, they know what’s happening, but nobody can grant me permission to go around it...

I just want to go home already!!:mad:

Ding ding f*%king ding.:mad::mad:

smitty_r51 likes this.
  7. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Your a better man than i Mr Rum ..........i would have driven around it by now :D:D:D

BlueCollie and komaterpillar like this.
  8. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

Hope youre still on the clock?
    And rely on common sense to stop them letting you go for breaching safety in the workplace?

Mr Rum likes this.
  9. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

tell them you are now charging them overtime

Mr Rum likes this.
  10. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

It’s not worth my job unfortunately.:(

Anywhere else and I would’ve for sure.
    (EDIT: To be clear, this is only because I can actually be certain a train wasn’t coming, but that’s not enough in this case).

I’ve made the calls to arrange that my sign off time be extended till I escape, so I guess it’s just easy money now. But honestly, I’d rather be home.

One hour and six minutes so far...:eek:

GaryM likes this.
  11. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

Does this help...

loose cannon likes this.
  12. Bomber2012

Didn't realise you'd lose your job..............OT it is then :D:D:D:D

Mr Rum likes this.
  13. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

Not more trains!:eek:

I can’t get away from the bloody things..
    B04B6707-7E1E-4DDF-9523-A8C382C689B8.jpeg

Because I have nothing better to do at the moment, here’s where I am, and the first vehicle next to the level crossing on the google image is actually my HiLux...

https://goo.gl/maps/Lkq2YVzEf3q

I’m proper over it now.

One hour, thirty two minutes.

GaryM likes this.
  14. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

This isn't the where am i thread...

GaryM and Mr Rum like this.
  15. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

No, but it is cheesing me off. A LOT!

EDIT: For what it’s worth, I ended up sitting there three minutes shy of two and a half hours...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  16. Marck

Marck Well-Known Member

I understand your pain I regularly sit outside of a gate that I have keys for sometimes for hours waiting for a guy to come and give me a 6 didgit number and a signature.

17. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

So what happened, lights fixed, train got there, or just go around?

18. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

Oh boy, well here’s the whole story.
    I started making calls pretty soon after I realised something was wrong. I was told the system was showing two freight trains further up the track. A little while later, another phone call told me that though the system was showing two trains, there was really only one, and that they were working to get it moving, and expected it to take around ten minutes.
    They probably did get it moving within that time, but because the system was showing the phantom train in the way, they had to travel the few kilometres from there to where I was slowly (a little faster than walking pace), meaning I didn’t see it for another forty minutes.
    The freight mob believed the passing train would reset the system and problem solved, but no.

After two hours, I made yet another call, and this time someone was listening. They contacted the people responsible for the freight line (again), and a qualified crew was finally organised to come out to act as lookout, and let me drive around the barrier.

The problem was, the freight line is privately run, and though there were plenty of crew around qualified to do “lookout working” on the suburban network (myself included), it doesn’t allow us to do the same on their track. It goes both ways too, and the freight guys can’t do squat on the suburban lines either.
    The other problem was the lack of local resources, as that freight line is operated out of Junee, and the qualified crew that was eventually sent out came from Mittagong.

It’s all a little crazy, but as they say, there’s a right way, a wrong way, and the railway.

Oh, and one last thing. This is what greeted me when I got to work this morning..
    2AD89AFD-98C3-4E4F-9AD6-D5FC7451BA50.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    abw and smitty_r51 like this.
  19. Bomber2012

WCMO is cyclists who think they own the road ............. i should of bowled him over .:mad::mad::mad:

20. 03hilux

03hilux 4x4 Earth Contributer

Holidays! Holidays sh1t me. You go one one then have to go back to work to be able to afford the next holiday.
    Pleeeease, someone tell me that I'm not the only person without a money tree.