Change background image

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ChallengeLee, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Dieseldog

Dieseldog Member

You know what really, really pi%#£> , oops, sorry, PISSES ME OFF.
    Planning a trip for years, the missus wants to go to Cairns, so I say, we'll make a good trip out of it. I've always wanted to see the dinosaur stampede. We do Cairns, BEAUTIFUL! Get to Winton, drop the van off at the back of the pub ( very nice publican ), head off towards the stampede. 5 k's on the dirt, had to turn around. The road is used by road trains as well. IT WAS SO BLOODY ROUGH. Hasn't been graded in a hundred years. We have a four wheel drive, I tried 100k's, I tried 80k's, I tried 20, 10, 5 k's was ridiculous to do 100 kilometres at. So cheesed off, I turned around, picked up the van and drove all the way back to Townsville. STEAMING I was.
    We had a 24 pack of plastic water bottles in the back. When we pulled the bottles out of the plastic, they looked as though I had rolled them around on sand paper.
    Unbelievable, why can't they run a grader over it a bit more often?
    Sorry, but I had to vent!!!!

2. komaterpillar

komaterpillar Well-Known Member

Has a 4wd, whinges about a rough road.
    Sell the fourby...

3. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

Mate, it crosses the line if your water bottles get messed up...:p

4. Dieseldog

Dieseldog Member

What cheeses me off, is when you sign up to a forum to have your say, or to vent, and you end up with dickheads bagging you!
    THATS WHAT REALLY CHEESES ME OFF!

oldlux, rogerazz and mikehzz like this.
  5. Dieseldog

Dieseldog Member

Oh, and by the mikehzz, it wasn't so much the water. That was just to give an idea of how bad it was. It was the beers that upset me more. But glass takes a little longer to show sign of wear. But that's only science.

mikehzz likes this.
  6. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Hang in mate, just like I did. Even though I am one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet I still get canned. I am not in the habit of negativity, put downs etc. but I have weathered the storm.
    However sometimes you do have to give as good as you get and the boys (and girls) mostly love the banter.:).
    Anyway, what cheeses me off are people who disagree with me, even though I know I am right.:rolleyes:

03hilux and Bomber2012 like this.
  7. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

Mate, the water bottles weren't cutting it for me....but the beers, fair dinkum, its an emergency situation :eek:

rogerazz and abw like this.
  8. komaterpillar

komaterpillar Well-Known Member

GUMTREE!!!

1. Trying to buy off sellers that simply will not reply to gumtree messages, text messages, answer calls...

2. Sellers with unrealistic prices who ask you to make an offer and then get offended by your reallistic offer.
    Example, found a new diff carrier and diff gears all new in boxes and not assembled, the gears aren't the ratio i want so i ask if he will just sell me just the carrier. He says yeah no worries make an offer.
    The add waffles on about how this item is worth far more to buy in australia blah blah blah whatever. Apparantely $2k worth of parts to buy in oz. I can get the same carrier off the manufacturer delivered to my door for $650 including express postage from the UK to my door step. So i offer $550 for the carrier and postage expecting a counter off of something like $550 and I'll pay postage from perth to the east coast, so around $590 in total. An outcome i figure is fair considering its fairly close to what it would cost for me to source my own staright from the manufacturer and then also have any proof of purchase in my name. And i get no reply, not even a counter offer.
    Whatevs I'll just buy my own, its only an extra $60, it just winds me up when someone asks for an offer and expects you to offer top dollar straight off the bat. Why not just give me your price to start with?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017