Change background image

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ChallengeLee, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

If I can't say the colour, what do I say?

Asian?

tankbloke and ian.c like this.
  2. Blue_haired_man

Blue_haired_man Active Member

Nah not in 20 odd years, the rebellious years are long, long gone

ian.c likes this.
  3. oetkb

oetkb Member

What cruise control have you got? It sounds pretty good My 2 yr old hilux goes well over the limit as I crest a hill and head down for the next 300 metres.

4. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

Its a Land Rover and it's the best I've used. It doesn't run away at all down hill and it has to be a massive uphill to even dent pulling it up. My other cars would have been up and down like yoyos.

oetkb likes this.
  5. Marck

Marck Active Member

I live this everyday of my life with my job and where I live I do about 30 to 40 thousand highway km a year. My cruise control is like a second wife. People do daydream on the highway and their speed wanders up and down. Strangely the thing I have found to reduce the problem you have is to not change back into your lane until you are maybe 100 -200 meters ahead of them. You don't always have that much room but it makes a difference. I think it startels the sheepel a little less.

80lover96gxl likes this.
  6. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

I've taken to setting it at 100 lately so everyone just drives past me and nicks off out of my way. I meet some nice grannies that way. :)

80lover96gxl, underdog and axle82 like this.
  7. tankbloke

tankbloke 4x4 Earth Contributer

I think "colour challenged" is terminology I have heard recently.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    80lover96gxl, ian.c and Mr Rum like this.
  8. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

White & black would be the only colour challenged colours, apparently they aren't colours.
    I'm over this colour thing, but in reality it might end up people get offended at the mention of this and that, after all when kids can't sing nursery rhymes as they were written, substituting rainbow for black etc, it's a sad day.
    No way kids associated any of that verse with any sort of racism, only the new PC portrayal of it.

There are a hell of a lot of perpetually offended people / groups / religions in the World today, and it seems to be growing !!

9. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

What's weird though, is every time I've asked these people, they all seem to say something that equates to, "I couldn't give a shit". Obviously I haven't asked everyone, but I do ask about this stuff quite a lot, and I haven't once had someone say they wanted whatever it was I asking about to stop.
    I think these PC "rules" are all being made by people who are in fear of litigation or something, and they're just being overly cautious.

I can't tell you where I heard it, but I heard a good quote that I think some people need to consider..
    "You have a right to be offended, but you don't have the right to not be offended."
    Or something to that effect.

80lover96gxl likes this.
  10. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

We have a massive storm heading for Adelaide at the moment, with our pathetic power networks i can see some very frustrating colour outs about to happen:rolleyes:.

tankbloke, ian.c and Mr Rum like this.
  11. Rojac

Rojac Active Member

I see that the useless weather bureau wasn't even close yet again, with all the technology at their disposal they can't even get close, you do a better job looking out of the window in the morning

80lover96gxl and ian.c like this.
  12. Rojac

Rojac Active Member

Parking meters appearing where parking used to be free, then gradually reducing the hours and increasing the costs, making parking a pain in the arse

richardlnsw and ian.c like this.
  13. Blue_haired_man

Blue_haired_man Active Member

Weather outlooks to 3 days are nothing more than an educated guess, about 70% accurate beyond that below 50. Meteorologists do a lot of uni to do a tough job because theres never ever a guarantee with weather only to be ridiculed by everyone who didn't choose to take that path because they "get it wrong." The simplified process is a supercomputer analyses models and they report on the agreed model, aka "guess" that's it.
    If the bom puts out a forecast for hot and it's cool people complain, if they say it's going to be sunny and it rains people complain, if they don't put out a severe storm warning for a blip on the radar and there's a storm people complain. I've studied a lot on the subject of meteorology and the only guarantee for weather is it will do what it wants to do.
    Cheers Leo

tankbloke, Mr Rum and 80lover96gxl like this.
  14. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Going back to work after holidays :(

richardlnsw and 80lover96gxl like this.
  15. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

I was hoping for a good storm but alass not to be, we did get some good rain but other than that im disappointed.

16. Rojac

Rojac Active Member

At least the power stayed on

Spooner and 80lover96gxl like this.
  17. jfoldbar

jfoldbar Member

what cheeses me with the weather reports, is you can check one website and it will say rain, tv will say sunny, and radio will say something different. but yet they all get their info from the same source.

18. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Well thats a good thing for a change isn't it ;)

19. Rojac

Rojac Active Member

Yep, if it does go off I have a gen as backup, to keep the beers cold

Spooner likes this.
  20. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Yeah suprise suprise. SA power networks are apparentley up for 20mill in compensation over the last big outage
    Does make a nice change mate. The networks are really under preasure to get their shit together to avoid future colour outs.