Change background image

Tyre Trek (Full kit)

Discussion in 'Spares and Accessories' started by Mr Rum, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

We've got a Tyre Trek kit here with all the accessories that we no longer use.

Here's the best photo I have access to at the moment, but I can get others if requested..
    IMG_7334.JPG

It comes with all the extras, including double jerry can holder, light pole (with LED), and axe/shovel holder.

Due to the smaller wheels and rim offset on the Captiva, we did have to trim a small piece off and use spacers to get the wheel to fit. So if you want to use the axe/shovel holder, it will need to be welded back on, and if you need the spacers, I'll chuck them in for nothing.

All the info you could possibly want to know is available on the Tyre Trek website, but if you have any other questions just ask.

http://www.tyretrek.com.au/

IMG_7333.PNG
    Edit: Suitable for towbars rated 2,000kg and over.

It was over $1,400 new a couple of years back, and has been used on two outback trips.

We're asking $750 for the lot.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  2. Marck

Marck Well-Known Member

This is cool if I had the recomended towing capacity I would be all over this like a fat kid on a cup cake. I am only 1600 kg towing. Out of interest is you antenna mounted on it also ?

3. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

I probably should've chucked that it's only engineered for towbars rated 2,000kg and over in the first post (will update).

It was yes, however that was only for that particular trip and is no longer on it. The wife wouldn't let me put any holes in her car, so that was the easy solution. Worked really well up there actually.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  4. Marck

Marck Well-Known Member

I think the website says 2000kg

Mr Rum likes this.
  5. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

Haha, thanks. I'm glad someone's paying attention.

Should've known too, as the Captiva's towabar is only rated to 2,000kg.:oops:

6. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

Bump.