Change background image

Tradie trailers.

Discussion in 'Camping Trailers' started by brucet, Sep 6, 2016.

1. xHammer

xHammer Active Member

I would keep the trailer and sell the jeep :) ;)

Here's my tradie trailer. When it's a boys p*ss up weekend I set the swag up inside it and all ready before I leave

image.png

2. brucet

brucet New Member

That does it. Picking on my Jeep again. I'm going to tell my mother.

rogerazz likes this.
  3. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

When I was with your mother last night, she was hacking on your Jeep badly. :)

Albynsw likes this.
  4. brucet

brucet New Member

mikehzz did you say hi to the other inmates while you were there?

03hilux, tankbloke, mikehzz and 2 others like this.
  5. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

Touche mate....excellent :)

itlldoo likes this.
  6. cam04

cam04 Active Member

My 6 x 4 builder's trailer was sold last year after 20 years of hard graft. It was overloaded from day one and generally mistreated as happens with them. It's done more trips to Fraser and the beach than most trailers - we built at Fraser and Teewah, got smashed around army properties doing building, wore out two tops, and was involved in a couple of accidents. It is amazing what a garden trailer will actually handle.

7. Cougz

Cougz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Hi All.

I made this up to suit my needs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. brucet

brucet New Member

That looks the part. I've been crook for 6 months and overseas for a couple of months so I ain't done nutting yet. But was thinking about a rooftop tent on top of the tradie trailer.
    I want to do 'basic' off road stuff. Not the 'serious' stuff. The wife's the weak link!!!
    I want to pull up beside the road and set up a simple bed when I have to. A camper trailer and tent are great for camping. But not so great for a few hours sleep beside the road.
    regards

9. bigjew

bigjew Member

This is ours. Fully insulated. Pole tubes and rack.

Attached Files:

10. Neal66

Neal66 Member

I've been building a trailer up for a while now I got myself a heavy duty trailer from Trik Trailers in Pakenham they put 6 stud hubs on it for me a heavier axle and I supplied them with 33" wheels the trailer is 7X4 and has 450mm high sides. I then got a company called Inlet Engineering to build me an aluminium traidie style top for it this has a floor in it so the trailer space is separate from the top but I can access it by lifting the canopy floor. I've also fitted a slide out kitchen by cutting a door into the side. After this I've fitted 2x 54 ltr water tanks underneath with a pump feeding a tap. The trailer space houses my RV5 self inflating mattress a cargo box full of bits and pieces and a few other bits I've fitted my 60 ltr fridge inside the canopy but its a bit high for the wife I looked at getting a drop down fridge slide but they are eye wateringly expensive so I've got a fold up step which I can replace over 100 times before i get near to the cost of the fridge slide :) I'm just about to fit a box on the front that will house the generator fuel and gas bottles. Each time we take it out I find another idea coming to me on how to improve things I'm still looking for a storage option stacking boxes work okay but i would like to have something a bit more permanent. Taking it for another trip in a couple of weeks so I'm sure Ill come back with more jobs on the list