Change background image

Suzukis to the cape 2017

Discussion in 'Tracks Discussion' started by fuzzychops, Jun 15, 2017.

1. fuzzychops

fuzzychops Active Member

I was wondering if anybody has been to the Cape lately and could let us know what the water levels are like in the river crossings at present any info would be appreciated.
    Fuzzychops

2. TonyF8

TonyF8 Active Member

They are all very doable, the only ones which may need to be thought about a bit more are Sailor Creek and Logans Brook, Sailor is before Elliot Falls and Logans is the one before Nolans, they will be a truck load of vehicles up there and generally people are more than happy to lend a hand. Remember to tarp up and walk the crossings, you will enjoy Cape York, we've been up 46 times since 87 and still love the place.

MALIBL likes this.
  3. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

You may already have them, but if not, PM me your email address, and I'll forward you a couple of recent emails from Cape-York-Australia.com where they went into quite a bit of detail about the condition of the PDR and OTT, including crossing depths.

4. 89gqpatrol4x4

89gqpatrol4x4 Active Member

I know tracks change considerably over time but when we were there in 2014 Logan's was over the bonnet in the main track, but we went far right and was only shin deep at best. Just quite a good drop off to take that path that's all.

5. 89gqpatrol4x4

89gqpatrol4x4 Active Member

Wish you all the best and have a blast fuzzy chops

6. rob_macca67

rob_macca67 Active Member

What model Zook were u looking at taking to the Cape?

7. maddon

maddon Active Member

i lived at lockhart for a few years long time ago and had one of the 2 stroke soft tops - drove it from cairns when the road to cooktown was mostly dirt - fond memories - had few probs with dirty fuel but great little car

8. fuzzychops

fuzzychops Active Member

I will be driving a 1978 lj 80 as in the press release on (trips)