Change background image

Subaru Forester v Hyundai Santa Fe

Discussion in 'Information For Newbies' started by 6speedmanual, Feb 8, 2015.

1. tankbloke

tankbloke 4x4 Earth Contributer

Congrats mate. Enjoy.:)

2. ULost2

ULost2 Well-Known Member

plenty of standard cars drive to and around Mungo. I have been there in a falcon and a comadore.
    As Aaron said; clearance is a big drama/failing of most modern vehicles

3. ULost2

ULost2 Well-Known Member

there was talk some time ago that a soft/light 4x4 /suv/ section might be added to the forum. With more of those vehicles being owned and some going off the black stuff that section is really needed imo. I haven't found such a forum yet so it could be come popular. Maybe someone would like to start an aust one, not everyone want/needs a hard core 4x4.

Enjoy your travels; hopefully you will keep us posted to how it goes off the bitumen.
    Some idiot put the steering wheel on the wrong side so I moved to where it should be :rolleyes: 2016-hyundai-santa-fe-2-2.jpg

Albynsw likes this.
  4. 6speedmanual

6speedmanual New Member

They opened the roads to Mungo National Park last week, so i took it 4 a quick spin of about 200km in and around the park and back out again. Easy. No big slopes , ruts. No need to engage 4wd lock or activate hill descent control. Left the computer to do torque vectoring. yes, i probably could have done it in my old 2wd car.

5. 6speedmanual

6speedmanual New Member

Over the school holidays, i took the Santa Fe on a bit of a trip from Victoria to South Australia, Northern Territory up to 3 ways, then across the Barkly to Queensland, down to NSW and back. Used the Santa Fe to go to offroad campsite near Yulara with a view of both Uluru and Kata Tjuta. Sandy dunes. Had to turn off ETC and engage 4wd lock to make the 2nd dune.

tankbloke likes this.