Post your night pics

BIGCOL

From a report I did on our Xmas trip earlier this year.

That night I took a photo of the stars. The sky although nice, was not as brilliant as I had seen it here, this was mainly due to the moon being nearly full and although it had not risen yet, it did have an effect on what I saw. During the taking of the pic, a satellite passed through the sky and was captured during the camera’s 30 second exposure.

Col.

BIGCOL

It's funny that when I was thinking of night shots, I was just thinking of the ones I've taken out in the bush, but of course when I saw Grippy's it reminded me of ones I had taken a few years ago in Melbourne.

IMG_0450_zps5c21ffe3.jpg

IMG_0449_zps4b05f111.jpg

IMG_0452_zps3d08ddc2.jpg

IMG_0454_zps9488bf6c.jpg

IMG_0456_zps4fc262d5.jpg

IMG_0460_zps37df38c8.jpg

IMG_0462_zps88b4fe22.jpg

Col.

ian.c

Wonderful!
Hi Mamikon I haven't seen you around for a while, the super moon on that night was the brighest full moon I'd ever seen, almost like daylight on a stormy day, especially being away from city lights, very special.
This is my favourite night shot, rost pork loin slow cooked over coals from the ironbark tree. Was my sons birthday party and I was in my chef mode feeding all his mates. (friends)
1452798547051.jpg

BIGCOL

These are from another trip report yet to be posted here.

Whilst at our camp beside the river I dabbled in some night photography, here are a few shots of the moons silhouette over the water.

Late on one other night when the moon had well and truly set, I tried illuminating a couple of trees to add contrast to the starlit night.

Those as well as these next ones, which were taken on yet another night, were taken between 2.30 and 3.00 am. I roughly positioned the camera and when I got up for a pee I set about trying to capture what was an amazing starlit sky.
This next one which was taken over a reasonably short time, (as too long and the stars will start to move and distort) had just been completed when within seconds of the camera finishing the photo a shooting star shot across the sky right where the camera was pointing, boy that could possibly have been one very special photo.

Taking a photo over a longer time allows the camera to capture the stars trails as they move across the sky.

Col.

BIGCOL

Where I camped on Friday night was in a fairly thick forest, still between the trees you could see a few stars. There was a half moon so I took these when it had just about disappeared from the sky but it still would have effected the stars seen.

I light painted the trunk of this tree a bit to show you the size of the trees and how high the canopy was.

Col.

BIGCOL

Another nightish shot (is that a word) well it was taken at dusk so lets call it a night pic.

We know star photos and we know what star trails look like in a pic, well here is a spark trail I took on the weekend! Ha.

Col.