Change background image

No Power

Discussion in 'D.I.Y' started by Bungalow Bill, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Bungalow Bill

Bungalow Bill New Member

Hi all I have just joined up and need urgent help. I have a 1996 Mitsubishi Triton MJ ute, Last Tues I had done a run to Goulburn from Orange then to Young and then back to Orange via Cowra. I filled up at young (with Diesel) and had trouble with the motor spitting and spluttering, electrics flashing on and off and the finally conking out about 10km out of Orange. I rang the NRMA who eventualy came out, I told him it might be electrical or dirty fuel as it only happened after I filled up at Young, I also had a small leak in the drainage valve at the bottom of the fuel filter which I said could be sucking in air, he tightened it up with a pair of pliers and that was it , rang a tow truck and dropped me home. It pays to belong?
    I looked at it today and had no power what so ever, I put in a fully charged battery flicked the ignition switch on and nothing, dead as a door nail, the fuses are all ok including the 3 fuseable links. I get power to these points ie starter motor, fuseable links, is there anything else I missed? Any help would be appreciated as I would like to get it going as I have a funeral to go to in Sydney on Monday.
    Cheers BB

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. Bungalow Bill

Bungalow Bill New Member

Found the problem,
    It turned out whoever put the Turbo timer in was a bit dodgy, the original plug was cracked or melted and the joiner was put in between the two original plugs to connect the turbo timer a couple of bare wires were showing on that so both pieces would have been arcing causing the turbo timer to cut in and out.

tankbloke and Albynsw like this.
  3. MUX STX

MUX STX Active Member

Glad you got it sorted