Change background image

Next level in Range Rover

Discussion in 'Range Rover' started by discomatt, Nov 6, 2017.

1. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

WOW

Grippy and komaterpillar like this.
  2. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

I appreciate it is not why theyare boughg these days but there aint much in the way of off road work in there !

Wonder how they would go in the bush...you'd be able to charge admission to passengers :D

3. callmejoe

callmejoe Active Member

Now thats got just a few special elec gizmo's.
    Nice car buttttt... i think the D5 is nicer. Or better again D4. If talking land / range rover.

4. redandy3575

redandy3575 Well-Known Member

Still an amazing car! Probably the only car in its class with full off road capability apart from maybe the Merc G wagen. However the G wagen is not what i’d Class as luxury, more like a traditional status symboled General 4x4.
    It’s kinda what you see in a Range Rover, you’ll eventually see in the Japanese counterparts over time.

5. Synchro

Synchro Active Member

And the RR along with the D5 is the only vehicle left in the Landrover lineup that has full 4wd capability in all models - not an option.

6. dirvine

dirvine Active Member

Not sure what you mean Synchro. But some models of RR and D5 are 2wd or maybe AWD but with no low range.

7. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed the seats don't convert into toilets so you would never have to leave the car. You go bush, you stop and look at things, or help another stuck car, you get absolutely covered in mud or red dust, and then you have to get back into that? It even hurts in my little Land Rover when I turn it into a pig sty....we spent 6 hours cleaning it last weekend from my trip out through the centre a month ago, and thats after I'd already "cleaned" it before hand. Making a luxury, extremely expensive car to trash out there just doesn't make any sense to me. I hope the new Defender has the goods and none of the luxury.

8. Synchro

Synchro Active Member

As far as I am aware all FFRR are proper 4wds - I thought D5s are all proper 4wds as well. All other models proper 4wd is an option. Do you know of a version of the FFRR or D5 that is not a proper 4wd rather than a softroader?

9. dirvine

dirvine Active Member

RR Sport & Discovery Sport have no transfer case or dual range. In fact LR do not call the latest Discovery a 5 at all

10. Synchro

Synchro Active Member

Neither of those vehicles is a FFRR or a D5 - the RRS and the Disco Sport are different vehicles. If you order a RRS with a Dynamic Pack you get a proper 4wd (for a price) but there is no Disco Sport option to take it up to a 4wd over a softroader.

11. dirvine

dirvine Active Member

No such car as a D5. They are just called a Discovery. The public has dubbed it a D5. In fact my car is not called a D4. The badge Discovery 4 was removed from the back. The cars are designated by their model number ie mine is a L319. The new Discoveries are either a L550 or L462. Their badges do not have a 5 on them at all. In fact if you look the lowest spec of the D5 as you call it, does not have a transfer box. This is the link:
    https://www.landrover.com.au/Images/Discovery_L462_17MY_consumer_Final_150316_tcm296-316876.pdf

phs likes this.
  12. Synchro

Synchro Active Member

Your splitting hairs about the nomenclature - people call vehicles what they call them and the current Disco will be called the Disco 5 to differentiate it from the previous versions - a practice that goes back to the series 1 - officially there never was a series 1.

So scrap the Disco 5 from the list of full 4wds in all versions - this now only leaves the top of the range FFRR L405 as them only Landrover product to be a fully fledged 4wd in all its variants - not an optional extra.

callmejoe likes this.