Change background image

MU-X 2013 -> Technical Info

Discussion in 'MU' started by Jad308, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Mu-xxx

Mu-xxx New Member

Sorry, my last comment was supposed to be a reply to @Ziggy. My bad.

2. xtrailer

xtrailer Member

Any news when the euro 5 engine will be launched? overseas markets seem to be offering a 2.5 twin turbo engine with 120 kw and 400 Nm, would the current offering be better or may the cabin also get a facelift with the new euro 5 model?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Asian markets got a 2.5l from the start as far as I can see. One Malaysian review canned it.

4. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

The latest model in Thailand has a 1.9l engine. Hope Australia doesn't get that next :(
    Tink

5. PeachesD40

PeachesD40 New Member

Hey all, probably my first comment on here, i am looking seriously at an M-UX for a decent off roader. Thoughts?

What upgrades have you made and where do you find gear for them? After a brief search i am struggling to track

6. peterc150

peterc150 New Member

I have put some information on upgrades and where I sources them here http://bit.ly/Isuzu-MU-X. I intend to some outback trips in the future.

7. Whiteman

Whiteman New Member

image.jpeg Hi guys. New member. Picked up this beauty for the Mrs on Monday.

8. Decca

Decca Member

Lucky Mrs....
    What bar is that?

9. Whiteman

Whiteman New Member

Well she had to put up with me so maybe not that lucky. Factory Isuzu Alloy bar. Not winch compatible but will most likely never need to use a winch anyway.

10. khossain

khossain New Member

[/QUOTE]
    Hey mate, Im having the same issue and came across to your post. Thanks God. Now, trying to copy the same setting you have mentioned, however my AVC video converter does have the same output options, what software did you use for converting video?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Old query but still relevant.
    It's plenty capable as an offroader. I'm a member of 2 4WD clubs and can keep up with the range of machines represented there. Have done long stretches of outback gibber, corro and sand with nothing worse than two mudflap screws dropping out and a couple of bashplate bolts doing the same. It's got plenty of grunt for the long steep or loose spurs in the high country.
    I'd prefer it had a centre diff to run FT 4WD on winding bitumen. Some say it should have a rear diff lock but I say invest in your driving skills first to see if you really need one.