Change background image

Miss My CAMP COOKING.

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by rogerazz, Jun 4, 2017.

1. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Been a while (three weeks since I been away) and I miss my camp cooking.:(.
    Weather at home looked suss, however I reckoned I should fire up the Barbie for a roast and a couple of sherberts. Should only take a couple of hours (about six stubbies) , and being five degrees it was not really that cold. So out on the back deck made me feel better and helped me to cope with my sadness.
    Weather looked suss, got a bit of rain.
    20170531_154804.jpg
    20170531_154822.jpg
    However the Roast was going well and the beer was cold :eek:.
    20170531_160123_000.jpg
    The Esky was there but did not really need it.:)
    20170531_160346.jpg
    20170531_160333.jpg
    Ah! was a bloody good roast and so I will wait for another time to go camping.:D.

ian.c, Mr Rum, 80lover96gxl and 2 others like this.
  2. oldlux

oldlux Well-Known Member

I like your esky Rog, she's a beauty.

ian.c and rogerazz like this.
  3. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Pork ?? :p

rogerazz likes this.
  4. rogerazz

Yep and the crackly was real good. Previous and first time on this Barbie the Missus said run it at 300 degrees celcius to get crackly and because I did not have my glasses on I ran it at 300 degrees farenheit:eek:.
    Yeah, came of the Missus's Aunty's place up at Stewarton. Reckon it was the first real Esky ( see the label) . Put an ice block in the top, it drains down the back through a water pipe and put stuff in the bottom to keep cold.:)

ian.c and Bomber2012 like this.
  5. oldlux

oldlux Well-Known Member

Showing my age here but I remember it well as a kid the ice man delivering ice for our ice chest. Don't remember the make of it but my 94 YO mum still has it but is used as a cupboard these days.
    P.S. That was when ice was hard water by the way.

Albynsw and rogerazz like this.
  6. Bush Ranger

Bush Ranger Active Member

I thought you`d be drinking a room / outside temperature stout on a cold day. I heard that some poms like a stout that way in winter. Good looking pork by the way.

rogerazz likes this.
  7. oldlux

oldlux Well-Known Member

I hope your aren't calling @rogerazz a pom? he'll justifiably be insulted.

8. rogerazz

You can call me anything as long as you keep the beer coming.
    And yes, I have drunk warm beer in England and also in Aussie when I was desperate, like ran out of cold beer.
    When in London many years ago, I would put a six pack outside on my hotel widow sill a few floors up, because it was bloody cold.
    Then looking around up there I could tell where all the other Aussie's rooms were.:D