Change background image

MAralinga - New tours website

Discussion in 'Tracks Discussion' started by Les PK Ranger, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Ha, that's cool mate, might be 2 trips in this thread :)

I would seriously think about going spring, the desert wildflowers would be worth it, maybe late Aug / early Sept ?

2. boobook

boobook Active Member

If you guys are considering going this year, the anniversary of the Trans Australian Line is on 17th October 2017 near Oldea. Not far from Maralinga.

I have been to Maralinga twice now and may go again. It is worth every cent and one of the best tours you can do In Australia IMHO.

For those who may be thinking of entering from Emu on the ABH track, note the track east from EMU to the highway is as bad as it gets. you will average 20 - 25kmph all day. Also I believe the track from Emu down to Maralinga has been closed.

Robin can arrange diesel to be brought from Ceduna sometimes if you give him 4 - 5 weeks notice. He is a great story teller.
    Maralinga is a MUST.

3. muffin man

muffin man Active Member

I thought I'd read somewhere that Robin had finished doing tours up there ?
    The ABH from CB to Emu was graded last April and was a beautiful smooth outback track....that's not to say it won't eventually revert to it's previous state.

80lover96gxl and mac_man_luke like this.
  4. boobook

boobook Active Member

muffin, I know Robin is no longer the Manager, but he was still doing the tours when I last spoke to him in October but that may have chahe wasn't happy.

Interesting what you say about the grading. I know that it was done but I heard that it was no better or even worse. Did you travel on it? That is good news. Also is it still very narrow, scratching the hell out of your 4wd?