Change background image

Lift Kits?

Discussion in 'Hilux' started by chrisramsey, Dec 6, 2017.

1. chrisramsey

chrisramsey New Member

Hello everyone! I just got 2006 Toyota Hilux and I was looking forward to buying a lift kit suspension for my vehicle. I live in Melbourne, Australia and if you know any good retailers that you had experience with them, please tell me about them. :)
    Have a nice day, Chris.

2. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

ARCHM Industries

chrisramsey likes this.
  3. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

Hi Chris
    I had an 07 Hilux with King springs and Bilstein shocks and it was great onroad for handling but was too harsh off-road compared to a mates who had Old Man Emu setup which was nice off-road but horrible on road as it was too soft
    He later fitted Ultimate suspension and that was easily the better setup of compromise between the two. Ultimate have a Hilux and have done a lot of them so it would be worthwhile having a chat to them

komaterpillar, chrisramsey and dno67 like this.
  4. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Hi Chris
    I drive an 06 Hilux and have King springs with a 2 inch Tough Dog shocks , I'm happy with that set up .
    As Alby mentioned Ultimate suspension have a great rep for delivering great set ups .

chrisramsey and Albynsw like this.
  5. chrisramsey

chrisramsey New Member

I also found this VehicleMods website and they have pretty nice reviews on the website, but has someone ever ordered from there?
    Can you send me some more online retailers if you know. I need them to ship to Melbourne.

6. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

Ultimate ship to Melbourne. They will also recommend a local installer
    If you plan on DIY you will need a set of quality spring clamps or arrange the supplier to preload them

7. Hylux

Hylux Member

had ultimate 4years now well worth it. Seem to be the most popular 2inch lift for hilix guys who have looked into it

Albynsw likes this.
  8. hiluxdriver

hiluxdriver Well-Known Member

I would think the accessories you have on now or plan to get in the future will have a big impact on which spring rates you go for. So when ordering on line you may need this and more info. Or call Ultimate and they should be able to sort you out - as they did me also.

Albynsw likes this.
  9. chrisramsey

chrisramsey New Member

Thanks for your answers, I appreciate it!
    Once I get lift kit, I will send a pictures of my upgraded Hilux!

Swaggie and Bomber2012 like this.