Change background image

Comforser cf3000 tyre?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tyres' started by CatchinJack, Feb 5, 2015.

1. CatchinJack

CatchinJack Member

Has anyone had these tyres or know anything about them?
    I emailed the people in China and they have 15mm of tread on them, not to bad really and tread pattern looks good, for the price i'm tempted to give them a go.

[​IMG]

2. Aaron Schubert

Aaron Schubert Moderator

I get emails all the time from Chinese suppliers offering big muddies for about $90 a pop. No doubt some would be good, but I'm not going to take the chance!

Aaron

3. underdog

underdog Well-Known Member

I'm not against giving the cheaper option a crack; just confirm that they are definitely LT construction, also ask about tread and sidewall plies (how many, etc). When looking at unknown products i also google using the search options to select the country they come from. Ie. Comforser etc; country > China. Or use china's google page and translate it separately. You can look for anything that mentions numbers (usual life expectancy in kms, differences in sidewall ply, standard warranty over there etc). Good luck.

4. Outrage

Outrage 4x4 Earth Contributer

Don't see any siping in the picture. Would indicate poor road performance compared to the main brands.

5. tankbloke

tankbloke 4x4 Earth Contributer

I am with Ian on this one.
    Do as much research as you can and if you are still keen, give them a go, and let us know how they perform.
    Too many opinions, and they are generally if it doesn't have this name or logo on it, it's likely shit. May of been so years ago, but times and things change, but not some peoples rusted on opinions.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.:)

Swaggie and komaterpillar like this.
  6. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

My guess is those very square blocks of tread ( most good muddies will have a tapered block, as in as the tire wears the block gets bigger ) will wear unevenly especially if fitted to a heavy vehicle
    and not rotated often.

7. CatchinJack

CatchinJack Member

Yeh I got some emails from their office in China trying to get me to buy a few hundred sets of them, when i said i only was looking at one set I got no more emails, wouldn't even reply when asked where in Sydney they supplied to haha.
    I'll go the Kenda MT's, hearing great things about them.

8. dj2024

dj2024 Member

They are on eBay for $172 (285/75/16) in Sydney and I'm tempted to fit a set to some spare rims I have in the garage.
    Makes me a bit nervous that I can't find a single review from anyone that has used them.

9. CatchinJack

CatchinJack Member

I did read somewhere on facebook about someone using them once and the person was pretty happy. I'm still waiting on that email asking who the supplier for these is in Sydney....

I've now bought Kenda Klever and so far i'm quite impressed with them, both on and off road.

10. dj2024

dj2024 Member

'Tyres for Less' in Fairfield East (Woodville road) have them. I bought my last set of Coopers STTs from them at the best price I could find in Sydney.

11. Zje111

Zje111 New Member

12. Mrmojo

Mrmojo New Member

Hey guys any updates.?

13. dj2024

dj2024 Member

I decided against directional tread on the tyres, so went with a set of BFG KM2 in 255/85/16 instead.

14. BarKer

BarKer Active Member

wow, so you went from cheap to expensive... I am looking at them as I would like a set of 16' rims with muddies to play with.. And up here they are half the price of a KM2.. Obviously to buy cheaper from down south but you have to factor in freight, balance & fitting and you are running the risk of extra costs if the tyre has a manufacturing or develops a fault.

15. CatchinJack

CatchinJack Member

I ended up with Kenda MT's, 5000km on them so far and they have been brilliant on and off road and cheap.

16. dj2024

dj2024 Member

I got a good deal on a set of grey import BFGs and I was really keen to try the skinny and tall tyre combo (255/85/16), which I haven't found in any of the cheaper brands. So far I'm very happy with the decision. The skinny tyres are much easier to steer than the old 285s they replaced and the ride is smoother on all surfaces. Fuel economy is marginally better too.

17. Brianlee

Brianlee New Member

I have got about few sets of this comforter tyre, both A/T and M/T , very good for its price. I can tell you something about it, if you are interested in it.:)

18. BarKer

BarKer Active Member

I ended up buying a set.. Took them to the Cape and they went well... To me they are bang for buck as they are half the price of a KM2..

19. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

How have you guys found these cheaper muddies on road for noise and grip in the wet?

20. BarKer

BarKer Active Member

Havent encountered rain yet, and they are a little noisy already, which will get worse with wear..