Change background image

Cheap android gps Device

Discussion in 'GPS Talk' started by mauriceb, May 4, 2017.

1. ajr40

ajr40 New Member

I have samsung tab 4 7 inch off ebay for 100 bucks, runs everything from dashcam to reversing wifi cam have the following apps in main screen see pic, also have hema and back country in app draw, no need for anything else,downloaded maps for NSW for aussie Topo so offline and igo is the main usage the dascam is activated automactically when you turn the truck on and is in foreground Screenshot.png

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      76.1 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      45.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      97 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    sharkcaver and tankbloke like this.
  2. mauriceb

mauriceb Active Member

If your .gpx file contains tracks and wp's, load that file then unload which ever you down want to show on screen, w/p or track in operations menu . I should have been more specific

3. sharkcaver

sharkcaver Well-Known Member

My .gpx files contain both wp's and tracks (that's why I've used .gpx for so long now). However the only option I see to load .gpx within ozi droid is within the waypoint menu. I haven't had time to play with that yet, but I would like to load both the track and waypoint from the single .gpx. I assume loading the .gpx from the waypoint menu will only load the wpt side of things and I'll loose the track?? Do you know? If not, I need to have a play. I wont be happy having to split the .gpx file into separate .wpt and .plt files - I have just a few.......

4. mauriceb

mauriceb Active Member

If you load a .gpx file from the operation menu in ozi android that contains both track and waypoints it will only allow you to import the waypoints .There is no option i know of that will allow you to import the .gpx track file as it will only read the .plt file . The fix is to install OziTrack Converter from the play store for free as mentioned earlier . First you need to copy the .gpx anywhere on device but i would choose the original Data folder https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.borisov.ozitrackconverter and select .gpx to .plt . This creates a new .plt file of track only with the same name except it ends in .plt in your oziexplorer/Data folder (or where your original file was). Then import the .gpx w/p file and load the user track file,.plt from operation menu that you just converted . Now you can choose to unload all user tracks ,Delete all waypoints .Note deleting waypoints from his menu only removes them from the screen they a still saved in your Data folder
    In ozi PC importing a gpx that contains both, loads both track and w/ps at the same time.

5. sharkcaver

sharkcaver Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I said/asked. I will have to split my GPX into separate wpt and trk files for use on the tab. A bit of a pita, but I only load old logs very seldomly in the field. Thanks for the confirmation.