Change background image

Bathurst Camping

Discussion in 'Camping Areas' started by Shagsta, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Shagsta

Shagsta New Member

Hi guys, new to the forums and thought I'd ask, my family love camping but we are finding it harder and harder to find good spots to camp these days. They are either packed to the brim with people, full of noisy bogans or overgrown. Or any combination of the 3! We used to camp at a spot near Mandurama but it has become overgrown, eroded and busy.

Does anyone know anywhere sort of within an hour or so of Bathurst where you can find a peaceful spot? My only real must haves is:
    • A river (a lake might do) nearby so we can get some water for cooking/bathing/swimming
    • Dog friendly
    • Must have shade for some of the day.
    And just to add, I generally don't share my best camping spots (so they don't get too busy) so you can always PM me if are happy to share but don't want too much word to get out!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. Toddyh

Toddyh Well-Known Member

Have you tried the Bridle Track? Plenty of reserves along there and all allow dogs. Can get busy though.

I think the only way you are going to guarantee quiet spots is to go midweek outside of school holidays.

barnsey062 likes this.
  3. barnsey062

barnsey062 Well-Known Member

used to go out camping on the Bridle track the week before the race every year, some nice spots along the river with good fishing and swimming holes, great spot & usually quite during the week.