Change background image

All Things 76!

Discussion in '70 Series' started by Gavo, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Rags90mod

Rags90mod Active Member

Emptied my catch can yesterday after just over 6500km 20170930_081224.jpg 20170930_120526.jpg At a guess I'd say there's around 100mm or so of cruddy oil in the Powerade bottle.

LCV8VICTORIA likes this.
  2. Hotdog

Hotdog Active Member

I have 3 year warranty plus another 3 extended on my 76. I contacted Toyota about the catch can and this was their response:

"Thanks for contacting Toyota in search of clarity on the issue of vehicle modifications. We appreciate the opportunity to outline the details of our warranty conditions for you.
    If a vehicle is modified, the Toyota new vehicle warranty will continue to apply to the original components of the vehicle, providing they have not been altered from the manufacturer’s specification or impacted by the modification(s).
    The Toyota New Vehicle Warranty will continue to apply if your vehicle is fitted with Toyota Genuine Parts and Accessories. However, any damage resulting from non-genuine modifications will not be covered.
    Regards"

So I guess they have an out to anything that has to do with oil which could be most of the motor.

LCV8VICTORIA and Gavo like this.
  3. Konrad

Konrad New Member

Have had a redback dual 3 inch exhaust installed on my rig sounds awesome and breathes so much better. I'm looking for clutch replacement and a tune. Can anyone recommend a tune or product? I would like to disable the EGR

Attached Files:

Rags90mod likes this.
  4. Gavo

Gavo 4x4 Earth Contributer

Bit of a trip up road, but downunder tuning has an excellent reputation for VDJ tuning and egr delete.

5. Konrad

Konrad New Member

What sort of money am i expecting for a flash tune gavo?

6. Gavo

Gavo 4x4 Earth Contributer

I couldn't tell you mate. Think you'll find biggest expense will be clutch.

7. Rags90mod

Rags90mod Active Member

I've made enquiries a while back with a cpl of places and was around $1400-$1750 I think. That was in Adelaide though

Konrad likes this.
  8. Konrad

Konrad New Member

You know you have to rethink you daily car choices when you have to abort entering a carpark due to being too high. Then seeking a car park that i can barely scrap into at 2.2m high car park with only 2 cms to play with. Sydney parking the struggle is real in a 70 series.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 11:18 PM
  9. LCV8VICTORIA

LCV8VICTORIA Member

You'll have to install air bags lol

Rags90mod and Konrad like this.