Change background image

3 ltr Nissan Diesel problems resolved

Discussion in 'GU Patrol' started by croozza, Oct 15, 2009.

1. dronus

dronus New Member

Guido, as Chaz mentioned if its getting harder to start your glow plugs might be on the way out. The ceramic glow plugs get worn by the injectors, and over time the tips can fall off and bounce around in the cylinder (not good).

A good mod to do is to replace them with metal tip glow plugs, and fit a glow plug timer mod. Metal tip glow plugs are cheaper than ceramic and don't wear through.

I replaced mine and did the mod.. There is plenty of info here
    http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/niss...ed-help-fitting-glow-plug-timer-please-73514/
    Or just give me a yell and I'm happy to show you.

Cheers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. TraceySmith

TraceySmith New Member

Hi Everyone, Thanks for all of your input. The patrol went in today for a diagnostic & got a clean bill of health ( welll nothing serious at least - like an injector problem ). It has now been suggested that there is a problem between the fuel filter & the pump ( air ). I have to swap the nissan filter with a ryco one & see what that does.

3. Chip Tuning

Chip Tuning New Member

4. Nicho

Nicho Member

Glad i have my R9TF 2002 Rodeo still going strong

5. GU99TD42

GU99TD42 New Member

Solution

The best way too stop your zd30 from blowing up is to buy a td42

6. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Hehehehehahahahah:p:p:D:D:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

7. dronus

dronus New Member

Or read my nads diy guide on patrol4x4.com

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

8. patrolgu4

patrolgu4 Active Member

I'm kinda confused, how is this part among "popular threads" on the home page as there has not been new reply in 2 years....o_O
    Regards

rmb3218 likes this.
  9. MUDRICK

MUDRICK Member

If anybody is interested there is an alternative to the dawes valve,Tillix valves coming out of QLD. I've fitted a couple in my shop and can say first hand that they are better than the HPD VNT controllers, and just a good if not slightly better at controlling boost and turbo spool on VNT turbos.

10. Kirk Adams

Kirk Adams New Member

good choice

11. patrolgu4

patrolgu4 Active Member

I strongly recommend to scrape a bit of extra cash and fit Tilix valve as well + EGR shim....Well worth the money......

12. Ross Bentham

Ross Bentham New Member

Main theory is the MAF sensor clogging up. Buy a can of cleaner from local auto store and clean every service. Also always use paper type air filters and not reusable ones with oil impregnation as it rapidly speeds up MAF blockage by some oil particles making their way onto the MAF sensor and any dust particles that make their way through also sticking to it.
    I've heard of "anti-grenade" kits for them but I've serviced mine every 7500km and cleaned the MAF sensor and egr valve almost every service and she's done 260,000km trouble free.