Change background image

18 - Tim Bates and the Wonnangatta Murders

Discussion in 'Podcast Episodes' started by Patriot, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Patriot

Patriot Super Moderator

Patriot submitted a new blog post

18 - Tim Bates and the Wonnangatta Murders

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Here is one of the threads about Police defecting vehicles in Mansfield. Does anyone know what the story is behind this? I have emailed the Mansfield Hotel to see if we can get more information.
    4WD Tourism - The difference between Walhalla and Talbotville. A great photo of Talbotville from the 1920s.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    80lover96gxl likes this.
  2. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

He did a brilliant job on the Wonnangatta murders

3. mitschal02

mitschal02 5th Annual Victorian Gathering member

Awesome episode mate. Have to agree Talbotville and that whole area is our favorite area

4. pauld2817

pauld2817 New Member

As a young lad I went on a 14 day hike with a youth mission called Typo Station we started in Sheepyard Flat worked our way to the summit of Mt Howitt Vallejo Gantner hut Howitt Plains around Mt Speculation and Mt Cobbler we also camped not far from the farmhouse where the murders took place and we're told the story and I found it intriguing how this murder has gone unsolved for nearly a century

5. callmejoe

callmejoe Active Member

Arrr good old Mr Bates.
    He not a bad sort of fella. Quite passionate about he's 4wding..

6. Sean Logue

Sean Logue Member

That was my first episode , awesome. I went to Wonnangatta station for the first time last week . Entered Licola way , camped at Howitts Hut for one night . Start of Zeka spur track to the station was around 34km , took us 3 hours . Camped 2 nights at the station , what a beautiful place it is . Is my favorite camp now , love how its so remote . What a amazing history there ...